Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

w0kie

join:2001-12-23
Tulsa, OK

1 edit

[OK] Docsis 3.0 is rolling out in Tulsa says Cox installer

A Cox cable installer in Tulsa told me yesterday that docsis 3.0 is now being rolled out in Tulsa but he wasn't suppose to tell. Sadly I can't find a docsis 3.0 modem for sale at Amazon to test my need for speed.

needforspeed59
Cruise Ship Just Passing Through

join:2001-05-02
La Place, LA
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what one installer may be guessing at. You should wait for an official announcement before investing money in a 3.0 modem. that is, if you can find one at this time.
--
Great success! High five!

join:2004-04-13
Glendale, AZ
reply to w0kie
I am so tired of docsis 3 posts, who cares? Honestly? An MSO such as Cox can barely make sure a majority of it's sub base has the advertised speeds, who is worrying about technology which really only multiplexes QAM's to give you more download? MSO's don't even Max out docsis 2. So I'm tired of hearing about docsis 3. When it rolls out, it will be supported, nothing more than that. Your new docsis 3 modem won't perform any better on a plant designed for docsis 2 bandwidth.

Kill the docsis 3 craze! Fight back with knowledge!

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to w0kie
Fios is available in tulsa OK?
if not, i doubt that subcontracted installer knew anything.
--
When I gez aju zavateh na nalechoo more new yonooz tonigh molinigh - Ken Lee

w0kie

Tulsa, OK
Verizon FIOS is not available in Oklahoma at this time. The installer wore a Cox uniform and drove a Cox truck.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
well, your not going to get it. wishful thinking

GreyWolfX42

join:2001-08-25
Tulsa, OK
reply to w0kie
Personally, I am more interested in their introduction of COX cellular service.
The last time I talked to the techs, it was supposed to occur shortly after the start of 2009.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
i do a lot of uploading (yes, were still around, mike) so i would love to see true 400K or higher speeds in the not to distant future. last night, i archived several programmes in roughly 25 minutes time. (2 - 3 hour shows at 128Kpbs mp3)

-Rob

Ikyuao

join:2007-02-26
Wichita, KS

1 edit
reply to w0kie
That interesting having you docsis 3.0 being testing in your area then I'm really jealous about that so go for it! I will wait to hear about anything of docsis 3.0 making be available as docsis 3.0 rolling out in my areas and also wait for docsis 3.0 modems should made be available on shelves in computer stores.
--
Professional Linux environmental blows microsoft windows out of the water.

MineCoast
Premium
join:2004-10-06
reply to 60373562
said by 60373562:

I am so tired of docsis 3 posts, who cares? Honestly? An MSO such as Cox can barely make sure a majority of it's sub base has the advertised speeds, who is worrying about technology which really only multiplexes QAM's to give you more download? MSO's don't even Max out docsis 2. So I'm tired of hearing about docsis 3. When it rolls out, it will be supported, nothing more than that. Your new docsis 3 modem won't perform any better on a plant designed for docsis 2 bandwidth.

Kill the docsis 3 craze! Fight back with knowledge!
I don't have any problems with my connection.

Ikyuao

join:2007-02-26
Wichita, KS
reply to 60373562
Don't worry, I'm sure they (Cox folks) will update their plant network from docsis 2 to docsis 3 and also I have great speeds here:

--
Professional Linux environmental blows microsoft windows out of the water.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to w0kie
I also live in Tulsa and had some Cox techs in the yard the other day. They didn't say anything about docsis 3.0, but they did say this "We're just finishing a complete upgrade citywide.... your area was the last to be upgraded because we were busy burying the cable here (They have) but we're finishing your neighborhood now. You're going to be getting great new high speeds soon...."

So.... Read into that what you may.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

CoxTOC1

join:2007-05-15
Newport News, VA
kudos:9
Sounds like they are talking about the EON(1Ghz) upgrades not docsis 3.0. Unfortunately their are some techs out their who confuse the EON project with docsis 3.0 upgrades.

While I am fairly sure that Cox will upgrade to docsis 3.0 their have been no announcements made on which markets or when those upgrades will be made.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
i know you can't say it but we suspect only FIOS areas will get that option which is a damn shame.

-Rob

Fubar16

join:2001-02-20
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
said by Rob_:

i know you can't say it but we suspect only FIOS areas will get that option which is a damn shame.

-Rob
I would put money down you're wrong, They may be first but the rest WILL get it!

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
or us.. especially since century tel may be doing FTTH soon.

Mrbobpierce

join:2009-03-02
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

reply to w0kie
Keep in mind, Easytel is in the Tulsa and Broken Arrow. They offer 40mb download and 2 mb upload on fiber optics.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
said by Mrbobpierce:

Keep in mind, Easytel is in the Tulsa and Broken Arrow. They offer 40mb download and 2 mb upload on fiber optics.
Why so stingy with the upload? geez!
--
When I gez aju zavateh na nalechoo more new yonooz tonigh molinigh - Ken Lee

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
'cause they can, i agree at least offer 5 megs up or something more realistic but.. no fios.. no worries..

Macspert

join:2008-10-23
Tulsa, OK

1 edit
reply to Mrbobpierce
EasyTel is a commercial only company. They do not service residential customers nor have any network in residential neighborhoods in Tulsa.

w0kie

Tulsa, OK
reply to w0kie
At work I saw over 60 MB download speeds on Easytel fiber. I have a friend who works for Easytel. He has Cox Internet at home because, as was pointed out, Easytel doesn't have any fiber into the residential neighborhoods, as far as I know.

A few weeks ago Cox Internet started freezing to some of my favorite web sites. It's some better now with 10 down, 3.7 up to Springfield and 12.7 down and 3.5 up to Dallas on Speedtest.

CoxTOC1

Newport News, VA
said by w0kie:

A few weeks ago Cox Internet started freezing to some of my favorite web sites. It's some better now with 10 down, 3.7 up to Springfield and 12.7 down and 3.5 up to Dallas on Speedtest.
What do you mean by "freezing"?

w0kie

Tulsa, OK
Clink on a link in favorites and IE stalls trying to receive data.

CoxTOC1

Newport News, VA
Please start a new thread with the info from: »[ALL] what to post before complaining about slow speeds...?

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
said by CoxTOC1:

Please start a new thread with the info from: »[ALL] what to post before complaining about slow speeds...?
slightly ot, but i'm getting referenced by CoxTOC1 See Profile!
awesome...!

q.

Macspert

join:2008-10-23
Tulsa, OK
reply to w0kie
Cox is starting to work on swapping out non-Doc 3 cable modems on the Commercial side. They are no longer supplying any Oklahoma customers with non-Doc 3 modems. It is coming.

There are many new things coming this year with the completion of the EON upgrade. It is an exciting time to be a Cox customer in Oklahoma.

MineCoast
Premium
join:2004-10-06
said by Macspert:

Cox is starting to work on swapping out non-Doc 3 cable modems on the Commercial side. They are no longer supplying any Oklahoma customers with non-Doc 3 modems. It is coming.

There are many new things coming this year with the completion of the EON upgrade. It is an exciting time to be a Cox customer in Oklahoma.
It's always an excellent time to be a Cox Customer.

Fubar16

join:2001-02-20
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
reply to Macspert
said by Macspert:

What are they swapping them for?

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
South Padre Island, TX
kudos:5
reply to Macspert
said by Macspert:

It is an exciting time to be a Cox customer in Oklahoma.
I'm so excited I can hardly stand it...
--
"When all else fails, read the instructions..."
MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience

Jigsaw
Stardust We Are
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Cleveland, OH
reply to MineCoast
said by MineCoast:

said by Macspert:

It's always an excellent time to be a Cox Customer.
Unless you live in the backwater Of Cleveland
--
"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."-George Carlin