uniqs
share rss forum feed

saratoga66

join:2002-08-22
Saratoga, CA

1 edit
reply to Chris 313

Re: [Business] Buying a DOCSIS 3 Compliant Cable Modem

Click on the link in NormanS post. The poster said $120. I would not pay that to save $3/month. It would take 3 1/2 years just to break even. By then Im sure something better will be out.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

said by saratoga66:

Click on the link in NormanS post. The poster said $120. I would not pay that to save $3/month. It would take 3 1/2 years just to break even. By then Im sure something better will be out.
Oh sure, mutiple revisions by then. I bet we'll be onto a 6101 or something like that in a few years if the pattern holds, but what I'd think would be in place by then is Motos that do 8x8 bonding vs the 4x4 we have now.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

said by Chris 313:

said by saratoga66:

Oh sure, mutiple revisions by then. I bet we'll be onto a 6101 or something like that in a few years if the pattern holds, but what I'd think would be in place by then is Motos that do 8x8 bonding vs the 4x4 we have now.
by then maybe a SB7120

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
reply to saratoga66

said by saratoga66:

It would take 3 1/2 years just to break even. By then Im sure something better will be out.
Do you mean hardware wise, or standard wise ?