Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: [Business] Buying a DOCSIS 3 Compliant Cable Modem

said by DarkLogix:

and it makes since that the Powerboost is insane unless that add something into the config to dsiable bonding (would be counter productive normaly) then in a D3 enabled area if a D3 modem is used the available bandwidth would be 38*# of channels
The change would be on the CMTS side I believe, but I doubt (guessing) that they will go out of their way to artificially curb the PowerBoost effect as it will level itself out naturally through attrition as more D3 modems are brought online on the segment. At the moment, I would imagine its current net effect is more positive than not as it would seem to be a good way to advertise the capabilities of D3.

netcool
Premium Member
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO

netcool

Premium Member

said by AVonGauss:

The change would be on the CMTS side I believe, but I doubt (guessing) that they will go out of their way to artificially curb the PowerBoost effect as it will level itself out naturally through attrition as more D3 modems are brought online on the segment. At the moment, I would imagine its current net effect is more positive than not as it would seem to be a good way to advertise the capabilities of D3.
Powerboost will indeed be rate limited in the future. In some markets very soon.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member