FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to en102

Re: Free for all

said by en102:

Just to make myself clear... I'm not pushing gov't run fiber/wifi over business. I'm stating that if a private run business either does not want to run a modern system, or just wants to provide the bare minimum and charge customers excessive fees, then the city should have the right to wire itself.
And the highlighted segment is entirely subjective. With a proviso like that the city gov't could decide to go against private companies on any pretext whatever. So, in effect, you say a city can decide to go in to any business it wants to because there would be no practical restrictions.
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

I have lived in places where the 'town' runs water (no charge for use - part of taxes), local landfill (again no charge for use, part of taxes), sports complex, dentist office, library, medical clinic and firehall.

As no individual or corporation has invested in these, and they are deemed necessary for the most part (corporations did give donations for the sports complex), does that mean that none of them should exist for lack of private investment ?
--
Canada = Hollywood North

ninjatutle
Premium

join:2006-01-02
San Ramon, CA

En Canadian eh?

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

You bet, eh.