hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium
join:2005-06-29
kudos:1
reply to baineschile

Re: Personally...

said by baineschile:

100gigs and above is reasonsable for a cap. Above that, you are either a pirater, or need the business class.
Even Tw business class has caps of the same usage. so how would business class help again?

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock

1 edit

Business wouldn't help any. Caps are nothing but a money grab. If these companies wanted metering as they claim, there would be one price per gig with no limits. That is true metered billing. Imposing caps is just to prevent the mass exodus of video users moving over to internet ONLY. Leaving there old business model of 190-300 channels of junk you don't really want to see. In some cases you don't even get that many channels of television to watch.
--
To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish.

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to hayabusa3303

said by hayabusa3303:

Even Tw business class has caps of the same usage. so how would business class help again?
Time Warner business service does not have a stated cap that I am aware of.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium

said by AVonGauss:

said by hayabusa3303:

Time Warner business service does not have a stated cap that I am aware of.
Not right now they dont but there will be soon if this cancer keeps growing it will.

In the long run they will have caps, on business class so they can put the screws to them also.

Ben
Premium
join:2007-06-17
Glen Carbon, IL
reply to hayabusa3303

said by hayabusa3303:

said by baineschile:

100gigs and above is reasonsable for a cap. Above that, you are either a pirater, or need the business class.
Oh?

As far as I know there's no such thing as "business class" that also has caps. However, I could be wrong since I not aware of the offerings from every single last company.

I thought the idea was that customers would be faced with these choices:

- Use "Residential class" Internet, which has caps and makes heavy use of video impossible.
- Plus use cable TV to get the video.

OR...

- Don't use cable TV.
- Use "Business class" Internet, which has no caps and costs more.
- Viola! The company gets your money anyway.

Now, faced with those choices I think using the "Business class" without the cable TV is still better, since it means more control over what you see. Plus it means that there aren't restrictions that the "Residential service" has, making it more flexible.

But....I think it's pretty much the money, or trying to raise the ARPU.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium

1 edit

i will take this as a grain of salt dont know how true it is tho. »Re: TWC Business Cable

The source of the post is unknown but could be true.
edit is was posted with the Tw cap deal.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by hayabusa3303:

The source of the post...
Look up the posters posting history..you better take it with a very large grain of salt.......then get your blood pressure checked.
--
Block Accounts | UseNet Now

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium

i agree why i added that in there

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

The business service offering currently having no stated cap comes from TWC themselves in response to the "chatter" the last two days.