jkj860 to Chris 313

to Chris 313

Re: DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Valparaiso, IN

Click for full size
Click for full size
said by Chris 313:
said by EG:
said by SpaethCo:

Personally I don't understand why someone would spend the extra cash on 22/5 service and then lock themselves out of seeing all of the benefits by not getting the D3 hardware to go with it.
Yep. And I don't understand how CC could be allowing this to occur in the first place.. ?
Malinformed CSRs? Some people not caring to switch out their equipment to get the full bang for their buck? And Comcast not requiring them to?
The letter I received said I must exchange my modem by April 30th or my internet service would be disrupted.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by jkj860:

The letter I received said I must exchange my modem by April 30th or my internet service would be disrupted.

Oh? Would you mind posting a scan of this letter? Don't think I've seen it yet. As for swapping out your equipment, go for it, it can only help you get your max bang for your buck.

Potters
@comcast.net

Potters

Anon

Mine also said that I had to swap by April 30th or there would be interruption of service.

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860 to Chris 313

to Chris 313
Click for full size
said by Chris 313:
said by jkj860:

Oh? Would you mind posting a scan of this letter? Don't think I've seen it yet. As for swapping out your equipment, go for it, it can only help you get your max bang for your buck.
I have already picked up the modem. Thats the screen shot above. They gave me a Cisco DPC3000.
Here is the letter.
Dano 00TA1
join:2002-01-06
Gary, IN

Dano 00TA1 to jkj860

to jkj860
I've also got the cisco modem but I'm getting 2 channels up and I see you have 4? What does that mean?

LarryE
join:2000-07-29
Chicago, IL

LarryE

If I'm already getting these speeds on Blast with a SB5101, what kinds of speeds would I be seeing on Ultra?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

ultra would require a D3 modem
so powerboost has been seen as high as 120

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

dadkins to LarryE

MVM

to LarryE
If you don't have Ultra, that is just PowerBoost and will run out after ~40MB.
pcman4
join:2008-01-24
Blackwood, NJ

pcman4

DOCSIS 3.0 Available in South Jersey

DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Erial ,NJ
Camden County as of 3-1-2009 when i got it.

Got the Ultra $63
Motorola Modem

Got the Ultra and getting Extreme speeds or at least I think
Speedtest.net I get

48-60mbps Downloads
5mbps uploads

FTP speeds are more then Quadruple or more then what
My Docsis 2.0 FTP speeds used to be

So to me Time is Money and this modem is saving me a lot of time. just hope my neighbors don't upgrade but I don't think they will be forking out $64 just for internet

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

You too are seeing PowerBoost on the speed test.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

EG to pcman4

Premium Member

to pcman4
said by pcman4:

Got the Ultra and getting Extreme speeds or at least I think
Speedtest.net I get

48-60mbps Downloads
5mbps uploads
Extreme would be 10Mbps on the up.

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin

said by EG:

Extreme would be 10Mbps on the up.
When I use speedtest.net or speedtest.comcast.net on Firefox, I never get above 5mbps upstream. However using Explorer results in 11mbps up...go figure.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

Some say (not me mind you) that IE is actually a faster browser than FF...

CUBS_FAN
2016 World Series Champs
join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL

CUBS_FAN

said by EG:

(not me mind you)
I can't help but "LOL" about how you covered yourself because you know a comment like that will bring out all the FireFox fanboy's and IE haters.

LarryE
join:2000-07-29
Chicago, IL

LarryE

said by CUBS_FAN:

I can't help but "LOL" about how you covered yourself because you know a comment like that will bring out all the FireFox fanboy's and IE haters.
Oh please, not here, this thread is long enough as it is without going to 50,000 pages. LOL

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
Union, NJ

EG to CUBS_FAN

Premium Member

to CUBS_FAN
said by CUBS_FAN:

We live and we learn !

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860 to Dano 00TA1

to Dano 00TA1

Re: DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Valparaiso, IN

said by Dano 00TA1:

I've also got the cisco modem but I'm getting 2 channels up and I see you have 4? What does that mean?
Even though mine connected, I called in and had them re-provision my my new modem to make sure the new modem was on the account. They were doing an update to the system at the same time so after an hour I shut down the modem, router, and computer and restarted in the same order. If you have not yet, call in to make sure your account shows your new modem.

Lord Fish
Premium Member
join:2009-01-26
Northbrook, IL

Lord Fish to Tobin

Premium Member

to Tobin

Re: Slower upstream speeds with Firefox ...

said by Tobin:

When I use speedtest.net or speedtest.comcast.net on Firefox, I never get above 5mbps upstream. However using Explorer results in 11mbps up ... go figure.
I'm so glad I just read this! Ever since I upgraded to the fastest package, I have been disappointed because I was only testing out at around 7 Mpbs up. Of course, I have been using Firefox this whole time. Based on your post, I just tried it out with IE, and I am indeed getting the full 10 Mbps as advertised. It's comforting to know that I can achieve the full speeds I'm provisioned for, but it's also a bit disconcerting that these numbers fluctuate depending on the browser being used. Does anyone know why this occurs with Firefox? Is this a reason to switch back to IE?

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin

I still use Firefox as my primary web browser. If I ever encounter a Flash based uploader though, I guess I'd use IE for that task alone.