Los Angeles, CA
kudos:2
reply to natedj

Re: New posting requirement for anonymous posters

said by natedj:

said by 81399672:

said by Koil:

I asked what you find wrong with it
For some stuff you just can't take picture. Not every problem needs a picture.
Well the obvious work-around to the problem is to sign in and become a member.
One of the best thing about this board is that you can post annoymousely. It's up to justin to decide if that should change or not after all this is his board.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 recommendation

said by 81399672:

One of the best thing about this board is that you can post annoymousely. It's up to justin to decide if that should change or not after all this is his board.
Really? Of all the things, THAT is the best thing on this board? I'm not going to ask, as I am sure the answer will just make my eyes bleed, but no, it isn't the best thing on this board. All I can really see it as is a way for people to troll, create dumb ass topics, or hide behind anonymity because they lack the intestinal fortitude to stand behind the things they say.

THE ONLY time I could see anonymity being required/useful, would be if someone were in a particular situation in life and were embarrassed or worried about having their regular ID compromised. That is it, AND I don't think that those situations would ever arise in the Home Improvement forum.

Strongly *Signed*

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to 81399672

Nah... it's the forum host's call. Justin wont get involved with forum rules.

Now, if a person says they don't have a digital camera, or cannot scan a photograph, that's one thing. But questions like, "Did I do this right?" or "What do think of... " Without an image, it's almost a complete waste of time. And, no, not every problem merits posting a photo of said condition. But the unusual and unique ones really help themselves if there's an image attached.
--
I was born at night... but not last night!