Search similar:

uniqs
Kiwi88
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Bryant, AR

Kiwi88

Premium Member

Just wondering if the South still exists?

What the heck, thought it time that folks pony up and admit they live in the South and don't be afraid, the North is not going to hit you with a big stick, fess up.

Arkansas, the Land-of-the-Dark-Wet-Cloud -Two friggin months worth of weekends, no less!

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium Member
join:2003-08-13
Fort Worth, TX

1 recommendation

McSummation

Premium Member

I'm proud to live in "The South". Never been afraid of yankees. If the War of Northern Aggression were fought today, I don't think the yankees would have enough resources to win. Texas, on the other hand, could probably hold it's own against them, with "a little help from our friends".

Not ashamed of being a Redneck, either. Rednecks don't generally stab you in the back. If they got a problem with you, they say it to your face. (Unlike the ... that inhabit DC these days.)

Oh, BTW, DC is NOT in The South, even though it's below the Mason-Dixon line.
Kiwi88
Premium Member
Bryant, AR

2 edits

Kiwi88

Premium Member

said by McSummation:

I'm proud to live in "The South". Never been afraid of yankees. If the War of Northern Aggression were fought today, I don't think the yankees would have enough resources to win. Texas, on the other hand, could probably hold it's own against them, with "a little help from our friends".

Not ashamed of being a Redneck, either. Rednecks don't generally stab you in the back. If they got a problem with you, they say it to your face. (Unlike the ... that inhabit DC these days.)

Oh, BTW, DC is NOT in The South, even though it's below the Mason-Dixon line.
Now, wait....DC is Northern, Thank the stars, all of them.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fi ··· line.gif

Give a Bull a minute to consider a Cow and low and behold you have a sheep, at least in this case. Wonder how many people knew that!

Seems like a bare few miles are involved, thank goodness Delaware the Capital of Credit Card BS is NOT in the South, that would be just too hard to live down.

Fathers Day [Day for some, week for me] Three Daughters, one Son and NOW, three GrandSons and a GrandDaughter. I think somebody, somewhere, had a sense of humour and expected me to be a parent much longer than anticipated. Well, I get mine, right here X.
»www.bradymtn.com/AboutUs ··· ult.aspx

Long live the South!

Cheers

mjf
MVM,
join:2000-08-05
New Orleans, LA

mjf to Kiwi88

MVM,

to Kiwi88
Huh?

Arelay
They call me Obi-Ron
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14

1 edit

1 recommendation

Arelay to Kiwi88

Premium Member

to Kiwi88
Last time I checked it was still here.

I'm a bit concerned about the West, though.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

1 recommendation

dandelion to Kiwi88

MVM

to Kiwi88
Why just fit as a fiddle here in Tennessee eating my grits just now.
Kiwi88
Premium Member
Bryant, AR

Kiwi88 to mjf

Premium Member

to mjf
Was that too much @ once

Southerner, from the far south, moving into mid south off the lower 48's...LOL

It was a wee bit quite, so thought it worth a stir up. Good thing once in awhile, eh...

Besides, some Southern influence once in awhile, is not such a bad thing

keyboard5684
Sam
join:2001-08-01
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

keyboard5684 to Kiwi88

to Kiwi88
Well, rednecks live everywhere, north and south?

Umm, the war comment, REALLY?

And never have I had so many people lie to me than when I worked in Texas for 4 years.

So my overall point is this thread is just going to stir up a bunch of weird opinions. Mine: People are people of different types no matter where they live. I have seen very little difference in integrity or anything else, when you compare the masses, that varies on where they live.

Rural areas compared to urban areas may be a better compare? But really, sometimes people do not choose to live in the north or south. Work? Family (they grew up there). A lot of factors go into where someone lives. There attitudes and personalities come from far more than just their location.

Arelay
They call me Obi-Ron
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14

Arelay

Premium Member

said by keyboard5684:

So my overall point is this thread is just going to stir up a bunch of weird opinions.
The Yay! is strong with this one.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to McSummation

Premium Member

to McSummation
said by McSummation:

Rednecks don't generally stab you in the back. If they got a problem with you, they say it to your face. (Unlike the ... that inhabit DC these days.)
Having experienced a great deal of the public, I disagree.... They'll yell and complain and make a lot of noise about you to everybody else but you. Then again, so does everyone else, so I guess that's not just a redneck trait.

dandelion
MVM
Germantown, TN

dandelion to Kiwi88

MVM

to Kiwi88
Differences Between North and South
The North has coffee houses, The South has Waffle Houses
The North has dating services, The South has family reunions.
The North has double last names, The South has double first names.
The North has Cream of Wheat, The South has grits.
The North has green salads, The South has collard greens
The North has lobsters, The South has crawdads.
When a Northerner gets angry their face turns red, eyes narrow, and they shout while frowning.
When a Southerner gets angry their face turns red, eyes narrow, and they shout (yet could also whisper) but do it with a smile.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to McSummation

MVM

to McSummation
said by McSummation:

If the War of Northern Aggression were fought today, I don't think the yankees would have enough resources to win.
What "Northern Aggression"! 'Twas the South as fired on Ft. Sumter; that was "Southern Aggression"!

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

McSummation to Kiwi88

Premium Member

to Kiwi88
Kiwi88 See Profile, have you noticed how the yankees keep putting their oar in our water?

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Kiwi88

MVM

to Kiwi88
said by Kiwi88:

Now, wait....DC is Northern ...
It was originally a swamp which neither side wanted. It is nothing, and nowhere, special; despite what its denizens think.

Its a Secret
Please speak into the microphone
Premium Member
join:2008-02-23
Da wet coast

Its a Secret to Kiwi88

Premium Member

to Kiwi88
I used to go out with a gal from Fort Smith, who made ribs with the best damn dry-rub that ever passed my lips. The meat fell off the bone. OMG.

Damn, I miss that girl...
Kiwi88
Premium Member
Bryant, AR

1 recommendation

Kiwi88 to dandelion

Premium Member

to dandelion
You forgot, they have better looking woman in the South, but the jury is out on reliability and common sense. Of course the North has more issues at hand....

Northerners Think-Tank, Southerners simply move forward.

Southerners tend to be warm and nice, unlike their cold cousins.....

Which war? There have been many and different types. The worst in this last few months would be tax payers dollars, paid out to Northerners

Weird opinion #3 - People in the South know the difference between urban & rural, urban means stupid and rich; rural people are common sensed and poor. BUT, rural people understand if that darn corn cob does not go to market that Northern snob goes hungry....LOL

Send grits.

dandelion
MVM
Germantown, TN

1 edit

1 recommendation

dandelion

MVM

said by Kiwi88:

You forgot, they have better looking woman in the South, but the jury is out on reliability and common sense.

I agree with the first part, as far as the second part.. "what!" *said with eyes narrowed, a whisper and a southern smile*

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Kiwi88

MVM

to Kiwi88
said by Kiwi88:

You forgot, they have better looking woman in the South ...
Maybe. Does the Kansai plain count, or do I have to go all the way to Okinawa?

I knew some pretty Southern Belles when I was in the Army. Started at Ft. Polk, Louisiana, ended up at Ft. Myer, Virginia. But none of them can hold a candle to the likes of Okada Junko, Shiina Hekiru, Fujita Saki, or Yamamoto Maria.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned)

said by NormanS:
said by Kiwi88:

You forgot, they have better looking woman in the South ...
Maybe. Does the Kansai plain count, or do I have to go all the way to Okinawa?

I knew some pretty Southern Belles when I was in the Army. Started at Ft. Polk, Louisiana, ended up at Ft. Myer, Virginia. But none of them can hold a candle to the likes of Okada Junko, Shiina Hekiru, Fujita Saki, or Yamamoto Maria.
Oki - The Rock!

III MEF
MCB Camp Smedley D. Butler

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor to McSummation

Premium Member

to McSummation
said by McSummation:

I would say something, but nothing could match the absurdity of all that

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY

TrainBuff to Kiwi88

Premium Member

to Kiwi88
This Yankee was always treated with great southern hospitality every time that I was down south.
The people as far as I'm concerned are more laid back and not rushed like we are up north. And get to know them, they will treat you like family.

MIRV
join:2000-12-01
Louisville, KY

MIRV to McSummation

to McSummation
I never considered Texas 'the south'. That's more 'the west'.

boognish
Premium Member
join:2001-09-26
Baton Rouge, LA

1 recommendation

boognish to Kiwi88

Premium Member

to Kiwi88
Born on a mountain top in Tennessee... greenest state in the land of the free. Raised in the woods so he knew every tree. Killed him a bear when he was only three. Boog... Boognish - king of the wild frontier.

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

McSummation to MIRV

Premium Member

to MIRV
said by MIRV:

Ft. Worth claims it's "Where the West Begins". Dallas is more "Southern". Then, there's West, which is a town on I-35 between Waco and the Metroplex (Dallas/Ft. Worth) and it is Czech. Just east of Round Rock, there are many Swede descendants and, until recently, some of the church services were still in Swedish.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3 to MIRV

Premium Member

to MIRV
said by MIRV:

I would place Texas more in South Central. When people refer to "The South" I think more of South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, parts of North Carolina and Virginia, etc. Definitely not Texas.

Has anyone noticed if you change two letters, Texas becomes Taxes? Funny, funny.

Hookem99
Deep In The Heart
join:2007-07-18
Pflugerville, TX

Hookem99 to keyboard5684

to keyboard5684
said by keyboard5684:

And never have I had so many people lie to me than when I worked in Texas for 4 years.

Those were probably the people that moved to Texas from California who are slowly ruining our southern way of life here in the Lone Star State.

Now don't get me wrong, I have met a few outsiders that are pretty nice, but a fair majority are yahoos that need to stay in California. What gets me is that all these folks move to Texas and then complain, bitch and moan about it. Well get the hell out if you don't like it!

dandelion
MVM
Germantown, TN

1 recommendation

dandelion to Kiwi88

MVM

to Kiwi88
"I would place Texas more in South Central. When people refer to "The South" I think more of South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, parts of North Carolina and Virginia,Tennessee etc."

There, fixed it for you!

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Kiwi88

Premium Member

to Kiwi88
Texas is still the South, I promise...west of that is where it starts to get weird.

I couldn't be more proud to be from the south, and just so you guys know, a yankee is someone from above the Mason-Dixon, a damn yankee is one who moved down here and won't go back home!

I was born and raised in Kennesaw, GA and currently live in Columbia, SC.
I have a degree from UGA (Go Dawgs, baby)
I lived 2 years in Europe, mainly in Naples, Italy (non military, on my own, still speak Italian relatively well)
I just purchased a house (not a trailer) above the 150k mark
I love sweet tea
I've never liked grits (except w/ maybe catfish)
My favorite meal is fried chicken and mama's mashed potatoes
I say "yall", "sir" and "ma'am"
I open doors for others as well as keep the from closing on them
I always have an open seat at the dinner table for friends and strangers (though I like to chat, so never really met one),
I wave to people I don't know on a regular basis (and they wave back)
I say "Excuse me" when I pass someone in a narrow area or bump into them, or need to leave the dinner table.
I love my front porch and the rockers from Cracker Barrel that adorn it

....and I've never screwed my sister....now, my cousin on the other hand.....

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

1 recommendation

exocet_cm to Matt3

Premium Member

to Matt3
said by Matt3:
said by MIRV:

I would place Texas more in South Central. When people refer to "The South" I think more of South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, parts of North Carolina and Virginia, etc. Definitely not Texas.

Aren't you forgettin, ahem, Louisiana? Please don't tell me you threw Louisiana in the "etc." category!

Edit: It's ok though, I was born in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
quote:
dandelion See Profile
The North has dating services, The South has family reunions.
Yes indeed

Hookem99
Deep In The Heart
join:2007-07-18
Pflugerville, TX

Hookem99 to Koil

to Koil
said by Koil:

I love my front porch and the rockers from Cracker Barrel that adorn it

Me too..... Can't beat Cracker Barrel rockers!!