Jamestown, NC
kudos:12

1 recommendation

reply to jester121

Re: Change

said by jester121:

said by Matt3:

A lot has changed and a lot already is changing
Other than even more government spending and waste, I haven't seen much change.
You see what you want to see. If you don't want to see any, you won't. If you look at the educational, scientific, economic, and worldwide perception changes that have taken place already, you might have a different perspective.

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

1 recommendation

Things have changed.. some for the better, some for the worse.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12

said by en102:

Things have changed.. some for the better, some for the worse.
I think that is a very fair and open-minded assessment of the situation.

barn25

join:2005-11-17
Springfield, IL

I have to agree with that...

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
reply to Matt3

said by Matt3:

You see what you want to see. If you don't want to see any, you won't. If you look at the educational, scientific, economic, and worldwide perception changes that have taken place already, you might have a different perspective.
Not really. I don't go in much for touchy-feely when it comes to observing government action. I see insane amounts of spending, campaign promises broken on a near daily basis, shocking hypocricy and cowardly pandering, and a power grab by the federal government that we may never recover from. A lot more of the worst of the previous administration, none of the good, and a lot that I never imagined we'd see.

And "worldwide perception" isn't a metric I care much about -- after today's speech it's pretty clear that Isreal is going to have little choice but to send a little present to Iran to try to prevent or delay their own destruction, since the CIC isn't going to lift a finger.

Anyhow, this has gotten pretty off topic for DSLR's news page.