spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cromme

@hostmonster.com

Do you know of a bank open on Sunday?

I own a convenience store that is open 24/7. I'm looking for a bank that has a branch that is open on Sundays for deposits. Anyone know of such a bank? All the ones I've seen are closed Sunday although some have branches open Saturday.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

TD bank

KLH

join:2001-09-24
Vincennes, IN
reply to Cromme

Most banks have a night/weekend drop off box for deposits.
--
»www.pleaseusemysearch.com

nokiatech

join:2000-10-18
Stuart, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by KLH:

Most banks have a night/weekend drop off box for deposits.
Actually I'm pretty sure EVERY bank has this. I think it's a regulated requirement. Also "drop off box" doesn't do justice to the massive chunks of concrete and steel that usually make up these things.

the Grumble
Yep, I changed my name again -

join:2009-05-11

1 edit
reply to Cromme

You can make deposits in most (bank) ATM machines.

Time
Premium
join:2003-07-05
Mclean, VA

1 recommendation

reply to Cromme

said by Cromme :

I own a convenience store that is open 24/7. I'm looking for a bank that has a branch that is open on Sundays for deposits. Anyone know of such a bank? All the ones I've seen are closed Sunday although some have branches open Saturday.
Some banks here have branches inside grocery stores that are open on Sunday. One is a local bank owned by Zions, and the other are US Bank branches.
--
"If it can't be done with brains, it can't be done with hours" - Clarence "Kelly" Johnson

TherapyChick

join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC
reply to Cromme

I've seen banks in Wal-Marts around here, don't remember the name of them, but I'm pretty sure I've seen them open on Sundays.
--
Certified Medisoft reseller.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2

said by TherapyChick:

I've seen banks in Wal-Marts around here, don't remember the name of them...
"Wood" something or other and I also believe they're open on Sundays.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

1 recommendation

reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

TD bank
They are? Why is it that TD, based in Ontario, can open on Sunday in the US but not Canada? Though they do have the best hours, 8-8 M - F and 8 - 4 on Saturdays.
--
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

Maccawolf
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ
reply to Time

said by Time:

Some banks here have branches inside grocery stores that are open on Sunday. One is a local bank owned by Zions, and the other are US Bank branches.
PNC is open in our supermarkets too,
--
Mom and Crockett...... I miss you both!

Maccawolf
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

Why is it that TD, based in Ontario, can open on Sunday in the US but not Canada? Though they do have the best hours, 8-8 M - F and 8 - 4 on Saturdays.
Because they bought out Commerce (here) that was open on Sundays.
--
Mom and Crockett...... I miss you both!

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
reply to Cromme

TCF Bank here in Illinois is open on sundays. Open 7 days a week. I heard bad things about them though.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
reply to Cromme

Where are you located?

JLevinworth

@embarqhsd.net
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

TD bank
+1

Around here, TD bank is open:
Lobby: M-W: 8:30-5
Th-F: 8:30-8
Sat: 8:30-3
Sun: 11:00-4

Drive-Thru: M-W: 7:30-8
Th-F: 7:30-8
Sat: 7:30-6
Sun: 11:00-4

"TD bank", "TD Banknorth", and "TD Canada Trust"

YMMV ... knowing at least what state you are in woud help.

-JamesLevinworth

OT: Why is the username box now only 12 characters? My 15 chars used to fit before?....

DavisPhotog
Flyingphotog
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-26
Rohnert Park, CA
reply to Cromme

BofA has limited Saturday hours.

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH
reply to Cromme

Not sure about all banks but at least the ones that are open on the weekends locally for me put all transactions on the following Business Day. So if you do a transaction on saturday and sunday, those transactions do not show up until Monday(or tuesday in the event Monday is a bank holiday).

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to the Grumble

said by the Grumble:

Not true at all.

Anyways you just need to find a bank in a local grocery store. They usually are open on Sundays and late Saturdays.
I do this for Chase bank.
--
For those of you playing a drinking game.... MY FRIENDS!

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Cromme

TD Bank is open on sundays, many with supermarket branches have sunday hours at those branches.

just keep in mind that if a sunday lines up with a Holiday the bank might be closed even if the store is open for some limited hours.

but would be good to post what state you are in as most banks with reasonable hours are not the big national ones.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

Why is it that TD, based in Ontario, can open on Sunday in the US but not Canada? Though they do have the best hours, 8-8 M - F and 8 - 4 on Saturdays.
Because you Canadians have stupid laws. I don't know about Ontario, but stores in Quebec are closed even on holidays like Labor Day and New Year's Day. Here, they're open extra hours and have sales!

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04
reply to Cromme

Even if you make a deposit on Sunday, it will be processed as if it were done on Monday. Just use the "night deposit" drop at your bank.

Expand your moderator at work

Cromme

@hostmonster.com
reply to Cromme

Re: Do you know of a bank open on Sunday?

Hi, yes thank you for all the good responses. I am in NC, been here for only 5 months (came from CA).

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
reply to Hall

said by Hall:

said by TherapyChick:

I've seen banks in Wal-Marts around here, don't remember the name of them...
"Wood" something or other and I also believe they're open on Sundays.
Woodforest....don't know if they're open Sundays, though.

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
reply to Cromme

I have TD (formally Commerce) and love them. The branches near me are open Sat 9-4 and Sunday 10-3 (or 10-4). Anything you can do during the week can be done on a weekend; teller services, account services, etc.
--
"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy." - George Carlin

CoverIt

join:2009-08-07
reply to Cromme

I find it kinda funny that Americans like TD. I never thought it would fly down there.

the Grumble
Yep, I changed my name again -

join:2009-05-11
reply to r81984

said by r81984:

said by the Grumble:

Not true at all.

How you do figure that?
All bank ATM machines where I live take deposits.
And I do believe I said, MOST bank ATM machines do, not all of them.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

2 edits

ATMs that take deposits are very rare.
I have been all over the US. I have lived in Washington, Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, and Florida. Traveled to even more places.
--
For those of you playing a drinking game.... MY FRIENDS!

skuv

@rr.com

said by r81984:

I have been all over the US. I have lived in Washington, Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, and Florida. Traveled to even more places.
Every ATM attached to a bank I have ever seen takes deposits.

They either have the envelopes available for you to put your deposit in, or they are the kind that scan the bills and checks and deposit the amount instantly.

Obviously, ATM's not attached to a physical bank would not have deposit capability, since someone from the bank is not able to open it everyday to get the deposits out.

dropshadow

join:2000-12-17
Plano, TX

1 edit
reply to r81984

said by r81984:

what?!? every bank ATM that i have ever been to in DFW takes deposits, including BoA, Chase/Wamu, Wells Fargo...Chase doesn't even require a deposit envelope when you deposit checks! You just put the check in and you even get a scanned image on your deposit receipt!

Century Bank (Texas) used to be open 7 days a week. It was aquired December 2008 by Wells Fargo, and since then, they are no longer open on Sundays.

bshelly
Premium
join:2002-02-17
Conover, NC
reply to Cromme

I think just about every ATM located at a bank in the Chicago area will take deposits, but I believe they only want you to make a deposit if you are a customer of that financial institution. If you make a deposit and are not a customer, I know for a fact it will delay the availability of funds.

ATM deposits are not practical for a business to make a deposit though.