All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Cooldude12a
join:2009-02-18

Cooldude12a

Telus T.V And Telus 6MB Internet?

Hello , I am curious if i could get Telus T.V and 6MB Internet. Thank you very much.
Glowduke
join:2009-03-14
Calgary, AB

Glowduke

you will require the use of TWO paths/Clearances/Pairs to your home. One for the Internet, and the other for TTV without High Speed.

Telus TV will not support TV and 6.0 on the same path. Sorry.
Cooldude12a

Cooldude12a

Alright , Hmmm Glowduke , Thanks for the help bro ^_^. Uhh , I have one more question if i have two paths? One for T.V And one for internet for the 6MB line will it cost me extra? Or will it cost me the same? Thanks ^_^.
Glowduke
join:2009-03-14
Calgary, AB

Glowduke

I think Jammerman can answer this better. I think you would not be able to get the the bundling credits, etc. Jammer will know better.

JammerMan79
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

Now that Sat tv is out I'd strongly recommend to go in that direction instead. It'll just be easier and cleaner.

To answer... it depends on the rep. I would provide it as it's still the same account at the same location... If a customer still had their phone/internet account on the older legacy order processing system but wanted to have sat tv, we'd have to create a new account in the new system for that portion of their service (2 bills). We've been informed that they still qualify for the bundle discount in that scenario.. so why not this one.
CR1239
join:2006-11-04
Vancouver, BC

CR1239

That's good to know. Someone should add it to the FAQ!

k9snifferxx3
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Calgary, AB

1 edit

k9snifferxx3

Premium Member

said by CR1239:

That's good to know. Someone should add it to the FAQ!

»Telus FAQ »I have an account on Telus' old order processing system but want Sat TV and the

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

may want to update the title to be:
"I have an account on Telus' old order processing system but want Sat TV and the bundle discount"

This BTW will affect very few customers as most people's accounts have been migrated to the newer system already

k9snifferxx3
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Calgary, AB

k9snifferxx3

Premium Member

Done and done

Thank you

Cooldude12a

4 edits

Cooldude12a

Well just going to renew the 3 MB connection for 20$ i guess. Thanks for the help.
CR1239
Vancouver, BC

1 edit

CR1239 to JammerMan79

to JammerMan79
Jammerman, if a customer wants Dark TTV, and 6 or 15 Mbps provisioned on a 2nd path, could they get the bundle price?

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

that's what I was attempting to answer in my first post.
There is no official policy, the closest I could get would be:

"If a customer still had their phone/internet account on the older legacy order processing system but wanted to have sat tv, we'd have to create a new account in the new system for that portion of their service (2 bills). We've been informed that they still qualify for the bundle discount in that scenario.. so why not this one."
CR1239
Vancouver, BC

CR1239

Oh, haha. I should've read the beginning of the thread again, instead of just the last few posts. D'oh.
Cooldude12a

Cooldude12a

JammerMan79 , Is it possible to get Telus T.V and Phone upstairs and Telus high speed turbo or what not , in my basement? With the discounted price? * Same prices * Thanks ^_^

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

to answer... again,
typically yes...
BUT you should be looking at satellite instead
Cooldude12a

2 edits

Cooldude12a

JammerMan79 , Thanks for the help . Ermm i have Telus T.V ( INTERNET) already * hopefully you can make this possible too * and my basement and upstairs are wired together ... If i upgrade to 15MB downstairs a tech would visit and i would need him to make my basement wiring alone again , since they changed some wires in the box. After then i can hook up a modem downstairs and have internet for the same price? ( Discounts etc...Turbo is 28$ ) Thats all i pay ? No extra non bundle stuff etc? thanks

Thanks a lot man! You've been really helpful! hopefully if this is possible i will pm you my info , Once again thanks a lot !

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

is your current adsl service on a term?
Go ahead and pm me your name/number/contact number
Cooldude12a

Cooldude12a

Pm sent! Thanks a lot bro!
WCVanHorne
join:2006-10-06
Edmonton, AB

WCVanHorne to Cooldude12a

to Cooldude12a
So Jammerman, is Telus sort of deprecating IPTV in favor of satellite? It sounds like that if satellite is being recommended where a two pair solution would work. Of course if a person only had one pair I suppose sat would be a cheaper way to go and still have 6.0+ ADSL. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it. Is it safe to say naked IPTV and dry ADSL would still be recommended *if* one already had two pair wired in?

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

IPTV is still the main offer and still the main focus for TELUS... HOWEVER there are certain situations, such as this, where satellite should be and is the primary offer.

Running a phone line on one line w/ttv and adsl on a separate clearance path (pair) has never been the TELUS approved way of providing these services. Some customers (such as dslr members ) seem to have special needs (in more than one way ). Because of this, a few of us figured out a workaround to keep you guys happy until there was another way of doing it.
WCVanHorne
Edmonton, AB

WCVanHorne

said by JammerMan79:

a few of us figured out a workaround to keep you guys happy until there was another way of doing it.
Well I quite like the way of using all the copper one has running to the house and I certainly don't want a dish on the roof. Besides I have a huge elm along my entire south side that would probably cause issues, particularly in the rain or snow.

By "another way" I hope we are eventually talking fiber!
Lemonion
join:2009-04-26

Lemonion

No.

It's likely the hint is regarding Turbo on one clearance (Dark DSL) and the remainder of services on another clearance.....

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

lol... no need to read any more into my post. No hidden messages.
the other way of doing it is out now.. the sat tv
WCVanHorne
Edmonton, AB

WCVanHorne to Lemonion

to Lemonion
said by Lemonion:

No.

It's likely the hint is regarding Turbo on one clearance (Dark DSL) and the remainder of services on another clearance.....
You might think I was already doing that...