Premium
join:2003-10-09
Roslyn, NY

1 recommendation

reply to en102

Re: Customers understand upgrading a network is hard & expensive

said by en102:

said by FFH5:

But most corporations don't listen to their strategic planning groups. They listen much more closely to their financial planners.
I agree 100%.
Now all of a sudden being fiscally responsible is out of style???? Come on people... A Corporation incorporates many facets.... AT&T is a FOR PROFIT company with THOUSANDS OF EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, and CUSTOMERS. They need to be able to pay the employee the paycheck, the shareholders their dividends, but in regards to the consumer, the power is in their favor, they have the ability to consume or to forgo consumption. I chose to consume an iPhone. I agreed to the TOS and pay my bill. If you don't like it don't buy it.

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA
This is about AT&T's response on why they're having issues... and some of us calling them out on it.

I don't use an iPhone, but did have a 'normal' 3G phone, and when AT&T deployed 3G 2 years ago, the service went to hell. It took more than a year afterwards for them to fix it where I am... and still another year later other markets are still having the issue. I don't blame a company for being fiscally responsible, however, they will potentially lose customers in the near future if they don't attempt to patronize their customers.
Adding fuel to the fire by now making dataplans mandatory on media enhanced and PDA phones will just add to the issue that they covered.
--
Canada = Hollywood North

cameronsfx

join:2009-01-08
Panama City, FL
reply to jniamehr
said by jniamehr:

said by en102:

said by FFH5:

But most corporations don't listen to their strategic planning groups. They listen much more closely to their financial planners.
I agree 100%.
Now all of a sudden being fiscally responsible is out of style???? Come on people... A Corporation incorporates many facets.... AT&T is a FOR PROFIT company with THOUSANDS OF EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, and CUSTOMERS. They need to be able to pay the employee the paycheck, the shareholders their dividends, but in regards to the consumer, the power is in their favor, they have the ability to consume or to forgo consumption. I chose to consume an iPhone. I agreed to the TOS and pay my bill. If you don't like it don't buy it.
You are my favorite AT&T Wireless iPhone customer! You are eligible for an upgrade to a newer iPhone. Just sign a new 24 month contract and you are set. Oh, $499 for the iPhone. Call 1-900-UR-SCRWD. Yes, a 900 number. Congrats on being #1!

Randall
AT&T CEO