how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mr Owe

@bellsouth.net
reply to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

It would seem as though these scams are a dime a dozen. Here is a convo I had with a "girl in new york" about buying a pickup truck.

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:00:25 +0000
Subject: RE: 2000 Ford : F250 Lariat Crew Cab Short-Bed 4X4 Lifted

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my truck. This is a 2000 Ford F250 Lariat 4X4 in EXCELLENT condition; the body and paint are great, no scratches and no dents; the interior is clean; it has never been involved in an accident; the title is clear.

I sell at this price($2,900.00) because I just finished the divorce with my husband and the truck is an unpleasant memory. When the divorce has finished I own this truck. Now I moved to my parents in Brooklyn, NY and the truck is here in Brooklyn at the shipping company sealed and ready for the shipping. I don't have anyone there to help me with the sale and I decided to make this transaction through eBay. According with eBay you will have 5 days to inspect and test drive it upon arrival with no obligation to buy. Should the truck not be exactly as described, you can cancel the deal, and get a full refund of your money. In maximum 36 hours the truck will be at your address. The shipping and the return shipping is 100% free, there won't be any extra cost for you. You will not loose any money or pay any other than the price. I just need your full name and address so I can open a case .(with no further obligation or fees).

VIN: 1FTNW21F0YEA60460, Mileage: 125,831, Body type: Pickup truck, Engine: 8 Cylinder(7.3L V8 Powerstroke), Transmission: Automatic, Fuel type: Diesel, Exterior color: Black, Interior color: Tan.

Leather seats, 4-Wheel drive, CD player, Anti-lock brakes, Driver airbag, Passenger airbag, Cruise control, Power locks, Power seats, Power windows, Air conditioning.

*I wanted to see how far the rabbit hole went to I sent the mailing address and here is the email I got from "ebay"

Congratulations - You Are Approved To Buy! Your invoice for eBay Motors purchase 2000 Ford F-250 Lariat 4X4

Sent By:
"support payments vpp" -support.payments.vpp@gmail.com On: Sep 09/22/09 10:18 AM

On Behalf Of: "eBay Motors" -checkout@safe-payment-inc.com

The trick to catching these gimmicks right out of the gate is viewing the source. Regardless what the "name" is look at the sender or reply address. It doens't matter that it may say "Ebay or Paypal or safe and secure". Out to the side it will give you the reply info or source info. Ebay and Paypal communication will say @ebay/paypal.com.

BEWARE -NATASHA GAMMON- from Brooklyn, New York

K Patterson
Premium,MVM
join:2006-03-12
Columbus, OH
kudos:1

2 recommendations

Just for your amusement, here is the real ad for that truck:

»cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI···iewitem=

$14,800.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to Mr Owe
said by Mr Owe :

It would seem as though these scams are a dime a dozen. Here is a convo I had with a "girl in new york" about buying a pickup truck.

*I wanted to see how far the rabbit hole went to I sent the mailing address and here is the email I got from "ebay"

Congratulations - You Are Approved To Buy! Your invoice for eBay Motors purchase 2000 Ford F-250 Lariat 4X4

The trick to catching these gimmicks right out of the gate is viewing the source. Regardless what the "name" is look at the sender or reply address. It doens't matter that it may say "Ebay or Paypal or safe and secure". Out to the side it will give you the reply info or source info. Ebay and Paypal communication will say @ebay/paypal.com.

The trick to stopping these scams dead in their tracks is asking where the ad is to buy the vehicle through eBay here »www.motors.ebay.com/ using your eBay Account. Bam! That's it. They can't provide a valid link to an ad on eBay Motors. Everyone is already "Approved To Buy" if they have an eBay Account.

No one is looking at eBay' Motors Web Site and reading the facts. eBay forbids buying "outside" of eBay, which seems to elude the people that do get scammed and those that eventually figure out it is a scam. If you don't see the vehicle in an ad at »www.motors.ebay.com/ then it is a scam, 100% guaranteed! ~ No money back, no VPP ~ Say bye bye to your money forever the minute you leave Western Union's or Money Gram's building and tell the scammer seller that you have sent their ill gotten gains your purchase money.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

Jdiva

join:2009-11-07
Orange, NJ
reply to Mr Owe
Look up Ebays Motor Vehicle Protection Program (by Jdiva) in the forums. I just posted it and can't duplicate...plz let me know what I should do.
Thx