spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Chaldo
join:2008-03-18
West Bloomfield, MI

Chaldo

iPhone data is crazy

The way the iPhone processes DATA is crazy. I believe if I used a iPhone excessively for a month I would pass the 5GB cap, because of the way it processes its data.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by Chaldo:

The way the iPhone processes DATA is crazy. I believe if I used a iPhone excessively for a month I would pass the 5GB cap, because of the way it processes its data.
Does the iPhone use a different definition of MBs and GBs for data than any other piece of equipment?

NOVA_Guy
ObamaCare Kills Americans
Premium Member
join:2002-03-05

NOVA_Guy to Chaldo

Premium Member

to Chaldo
Jailbreak, then purchase 3G Unrestrictor. It's really great for being able to stream video over 3G using Joost. Not that I'd know from personal experience or anything.

Depending upon how much video you want to watch, and how much you want to listen to Slacker I'd bet you could go over 5GB in a month. You might even be able to just by streaming Slacker at work for 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.

And we haven't even started talking about tethering. Of course I wouldn't know anything about that either.

Just an iPhone user here trying to make the most out of the $30 paid to AT&T for 5GB of data transfer each month...