how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Comcablrtl

join:2003-10-25
Midwest

Tru2Way

Just to add to this. There is a way to get PPV, and On Demand with the CableCard. TVs, such as Panasonic's ...PZ80Q are Tru2Way ready. T2W allows for a multi-stream CableCard to be used, thus allowing 2 way communications. Even with that technology advertised in retail stores, customers aren't interested. Much of the disinterest has to do with the lack of DVR functionality in those TVs.

In addition, Pan. only made a 42" and 50" TV with this technology. The avg consumer would make a TV of that size their main TV. Main TVs usually have DVD players near by already. As such, a DVR is usually desired for a main TV as well. If these TVs were made in small sizes for kitchen, bathroom, etc., the technology would be more relevant. As far as a cost savings over the traditional STB, consumers don't seem to be that worried about it.

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
kudos:1
said by Comcablrtl:

Just to add to this. There is a way to get PPV, and On Demand with the CableCard. TVs, such as Panasonic's ...PZ80Q are Tru2Way ready. T2W allows for a multi-stream CableCard to be used, thus allowing 2 way communications. Even with that technology advertised in retail stores, customers aren't interested. Much of the disinterest has to do with the lack of DVR functionality in those TVs.
Maybe its because with Tru2Way your TV becomes a puppet of the cable companies always crashing slow as shit GUI.

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA
said by patcat88:

Maybe its because with Tru2Way your TV becomes a puppet of the cable companies always crashing slow as shit GUI.
Tru2Way may not be perfect but it should get better and the cable companies had better enthusiastically support it. There's a law that's been effectively violated for thirteen years that supposed to allow consumers to not have to rent cable boxes from the cable company. As a consumer I'm angry and I don't care whose fault it is, I just want the government to come down hard in enforcing this law.

rv65
Premium
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!
kudos:1
The retail tru2way DVR spec hasn't been finalized yet.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Sammer
said by Sammer:

said by patcat88:

Tru2Way may not be perfect but it should get better and the cable companies had better enthusiastically support it. There's a law that's been effectively violated for thirteen years that supposed to allow consumers to not have to rent cable boxes from the cable company. As a consumer I'm angry and I don't care whose fault it is, I just want the government to come down hard in enforcing this law.
No law been broken there are TiVo and Moxie that have boxes you can buy. If manifactures don't make them you can not buy them.
--
Caddy