All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

S1lent
@verizon.net

S1lent

Anon

Installing Time Warner Internet...DISH stole their cable?

So I've had DISH Network for awhile now as well as Verizon DSL. After experiencing frequent outages with Verizon, I decided I'd like to switch to Time Warner Cable for my internet and had someone come out to install it.

I'll try to explain what the installer said as well as I can remember but I don't know all that much about this stuff. I live in an apartment and there is only one cable going into my house, and according to the installer it had previously been wired into there by Time Warner before I moved in. Apparently when DISH installed their service, they took over use of this cable and cut the Time Warner cable near the box. So now the Time Warner guy says he can't install it unless I either get DISH to come out and make it so they both can use the cable, or get permission from my landlord for him to drill through the concrete wall going into my computer room, creating a second point at which a cable goes into the house.

Hopefully I've explained this problem well enough...does that make sense? Anyway, I'm wondering if you guys have an idea of what kind of luck I'll have in trying to get DISH to come out and do that?