Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Murdoc
Premium
join:2009-02-08
Manitowoc, WI

Survey says att sucks

Not suprising, considering that guy that sold out to att to chuck them pieces of paper all over for that tv advertisement. Bet no one will hire him for a movie

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA
AT&T has gone even below that of... Sprint

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Murdoc
said by Murdoc:

Not suprising, considering that guy that sold out to att to chuck them pieces of paper all over for that tv advertisement. Bet no one will hire him for a movie
Not surprised that AT&T is the last.
--
My BLOG!
Black Friday Ads

thender
Screen tycoon
Premium
join:2009-01-01
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
I am, considering google maps always works fast and flawlessly on my touchcreen blackberry 9530 storm touch phone on the robust AT&T 3G & EDGE network.
--
Macbook repair in NYC

anon2020

@rr.com
considering the Storm is a Verizon exclusive I'm calling BS on your ATT Storm ni EDGE

grydlok

join:2004-01-06
Richmond, VA
I second the that

thender
Screen tycoon
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to anon2020
said by anon2020 :

considering the Storm is a Verizon exclusive I'm calling BS on your ATT Storm ni EDGE
a) storm can be unlocked

b) anyone who follows gbcue's posts knows why I posted that.
--
Macbook repair in NYC

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

1 edit
..and you don't know anything about CDMA and GSM Technologies. They are NOT interchangable.

EDIT: Unless you have a "World Phone" that has both CDMA and GSM Radios in it. I haven't seen very many of them lately.

thender
Screen tycoon
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
said by Simba7:

..and you don't know anything about CDMA and GSM Technologies. They are NOT interchangable.

EDIT: Unless you have a "World Phone" that has both CDMA and GSM Radios in it. I haven't seen very many of them lately.
You're telling me I don't know anything about CDMA and GSM technologies but you're the one who doesn't know that the storm is a world phone?

GTFO!!!!!!
--
Macbook repair in NYC

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

1 edit
said by thender:

You're telling me I don't know anything about CDMA and GSM technologies but you're the one who doesn't know that the storm is a world phone?

GTFO!!!!!!
Wow.. Someone actually sells a true World Phone still. That's freakin' amazing.. I thought they quit doing that a few years back. I guess the only exception is certain Blackberries.

Excuse the fsck out of me. I might actually look into getting a Storm2, especially if I can stick *ANY* SIM card in it.
--
Bresnan 15M/1M|MyWS[P4HT@4.01GHz,2GB RAM,2x1TB HDDs,Win7]|WifeWS[P4@2.4GHz,1GB RAM,60GB HDD,Win7]|Router[2xP3@1GHz,640MB RAM,18GB HDD,Allied Telesyn AT-2560FX,Kingston KNE100TX,2xDigital DE504,Compaq NC3131,iPro/1000DP,Blitz BWI715,Gentoo Linux]

thender
Screen tycoon
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
It is a god awful phone. The storm 1 at least. I sincerely doubt from what I read and see that the storm 2 falls far from the failtree.
--
Macbook repair in NYC

tim
Premium
join:2005-06-07
Chicago, IL
kudos:2
reply to Murdoc
At least AT&T are better than T-Mobile...

... but they still suck.

nixen
Rockin' the Boxen
Premium
join:2002-10-04
Alexandria, VA
reply to Simba7
said by Simba7:

The Storm is a "World Phone". It's the only reason why, as a VZW customer, I bought a Storm in the first place. I had to travel to Europe, for work, but work's wireless agreements were with VZW.
--
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell

nixen
Rockin' the Boxen
Premium
join:2002-10-04
Alexandria, VA
reply to thender
said by thender:

It is a god awful phone. The storm 1 at least. I sincerely doubt from what I read and see that the storm 2 falls far from the failtree.
Unfortunately, the Gen 1 Droid is not a "world phone".
--
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX

3 edits
reply to nixen
Actually, the storm can be made to work on AT&T's network, but it's a pain in the ass to do. Only EDGE is available on the Storm/Storm2. 3G speeds are not available in the US on GSM but are available internationally on those carriers GSM networks. 3G speeds are available in the US on CDMA. The user might be using the storm/storm2 with ATT's slower EDGE service but he is not getting 3G speeds. The Blackberry Storm/Storm2 has a CDMA and GSM radio.

optemino

join:2009-10-13
Patterson, CA
reply to tim
you kidding me?! ... T-Mobile EDGE had BETTER SPEED on my old phone than my AT&T iPhone has ever had while on their EDGE network.... t-mo edge is actually A LOT more stable

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
reply to thender
said by thender:

Correction: shouldn't that be EPICFAILTREE!
--
The weekend is here, grab a can of beer!

Tomek
Premium
join:2002-01-30
Valley Stream, NY
reply to nixen
said by nixen:

said by thender:

Unfortunately, the Gen 1 Droid is not a "world phone".
Waiting for Moto Milestone to be released with TMO compatible 3G
--
Semper Fi

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
reply to en102
And Sprint proudly proclaims.... 'We Suck Less!! Finally!'

Actually, I think Sprint sucks less than Verizon now when it comes to pricing/policy. Since Sprint roams on Verizon, coverage seems to be moot as well.