Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Big Dawg 23

join:2002-03-27
Northfield, MN
reply to fiberguy

Re: I don't like it

There is a lot of complaining over Directv and NFL Sunday Ticket. If a company ponies up the money why does it matter? Business 101... exclusivity gets you the cost you best desire. Saturation will lower your margins. NFL is stupid to move it off of Directv unless they do a dual agreement with another company.

With Directv they are assured of all SD and HD being delivered. That is not going to happen with Cable. Just look at MLBEI or NHLCI. They limit the HD coverage. NFL is all about HD.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
Umm... first off, NFL and DirecTicket is HARDLY complained about here in comparison as everything else.. I'm not stupid - by far.

Second, if a company ponies up the money, why does it matter? AWESOME!! Then BACK THE F' OFF the apartment exclusive contracts then.. becuase Cable ponied up the money and purchased their way into a contract with the building owners by spending thousands upon thousands of money to wire the buildings for an exclusive agreement for X amount of years...

See how this all works??

You guys like to have your cake, and eat it too, when it's convenient for your agenda..

Sorry.. you take it all, or leave it all. THAT is how it works.

You're also saying "that is not going to happen with cable".. well, you should change professions and get your pretty clothes and scarves and crystal ball out and start telling people's futures too.. in other words, you have No idea until and unless it happens.. and saying "they can't do something because they MIGHT do something we don't like (or in your case, what I don't like) isn't an acceptable answer.. so you either set rules NOW or you let the deals happen.. the AMERICAN way is capitalism and this is part of it.. if when something happens and we as people don't like it, we work to change and regulate it.. that's how it works... otherwise, you have communism.. screw that!

You, like everyone else, have to give things a chance to fail on their own first.. otherwise, you get more bailouts and other BS stuff.. THIS is how our country works.. like it or not.. and if you don't.. then leave. Stop pissing all over everything becuase of your own ideals.