Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

karlmarx

join:2006-09-18
Chicago, IL

2 recommendations

Let's be fair to grandmothers!

Ok, to be fair, let's charge $10.00 per GB of data. That means Grandma, who only uses 500KB of data, will only pay $5.00. I mean, that's fair right? Oh wait, that's not the kind of 'fair' you are talking about. AT&T has realized, if they were FAIR, MOST people would only get $5.00 'data' bills, and the heavy users would all bail, so the net result would be their revenue would plummet. What AT&T considers 'fair' is for grandma to KEEP paying $30.00 for her 500KB of data, and joe tv, who uses 5GB, will end up paying $100.00. I mean, it costs $30.00 to send 500KB, so joe tv is obviously getting a 'REALLY GOOD DEAL'.
--
Remember 1 in 4 people are retarded. 25% of Americans are Republican. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I used 271 mbs of data last month. On AT&T's network, I estimate it took about 11 and a half hours to get all the data to the phone via 3G.

I think there is a soft cap in play as well...
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

Steve B
Premium
join:2004-08-02
Seattle, WA
reply to karlmarx

Touche!

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:39

1 recommendation

reply to Mike

Yeah I paid $210 for two iPhones that collectively consumed something like 200 MB of data among two fairly heavy Internet users. I just don't know how AT&T makes ends meet.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

1 edit

We pay about $175 for two iPhones with about 310 MB of data. Man, are we robbing them!
EDIT-That's also considering that I use 3G Unrestrictor.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to karlmarx

If Grandma only uses 500 KB of data, she would pay 5 cents. That value scares the death out of AT&T.