how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tweston

join:2006-11-24
Fort Myers, FL

DNS problem

The DNS servers supplied by Century Tel here in northern Michigan seem to be funky today. Some URLs, like google.com and amazon.com work fine. However others, like wsj.com and nyt.com can not be resolved.

I switched the dns servers on my computer to OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) and everything is fine.

Any thoughts?

rabeatz7
Premium
join:2009-03-21
Apopka, FL

Since your state is legacy CenturyTel service, your question might be better handled in the »CenturyTel forum. This is the Legacy Embarq forum - The forums haven't fully merged yet and the support within Centurylink is still seperated between the two companies.

tweston

join:2006-11-24
Fort Myers, FL

sigh . . . posting there seems to be disabled

rabeatz7
Premium
join:2009-03-21
Apopka, FL

hmmm... dunno what's going there then, hopefully a mod can find this and move the topic, unless someone in the Embarq forum has some advice.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to tweston

said by tweston:

sigh . . . posting there seems to be disabled
Posting in the CenturyTel forum has NOT been disabled.

We have a CenturyLink tech who may be able to help you, CTL_Joey See Profile. I will send him a link to this thread.

As we have not merged yet, I am also going to send this thread over to the CenturyTel forum.

--

The foundations of character are built not by lecture, but by bricks of good example, laid day by day.

BigVe

join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI
reply to tweston

I had same problem on one of my lines and moved to opendns and it all started working fine.Guess that's where i will stay

Eighthman
Premium
join:2001-06-14
Troy, MO
reply to tweston

OpenDNS is the way to go. I have been using it for a year with no trouble. Give it a try