spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bigredtbone
join:2005-08-24
Bowling Green, KY

bigredtbone

[CATV] New HD Channels & Channel Changes in Bowling Green

Last night, I was flipping through the guide and noticed a few new HD channels here in Bowling Green:

971 VS HD
972 Golf HD
989 E! HD

Also, in the bill, they noted a few channel changes coming in January. I've misplaced it, but they include a couple of analog channels moving (including CNN moving to the 60s to be next to CNN Headline News). The biggest thing was that The Game Show Network will no longer be available on channel 142.

BigCheese
@insightbb.com

BigCheese

Anon

Wow, I'm in Lexington and BG is getting way ahead of us in HD selection. I hope this is an indication that we will soon be getting more HD in Lex; including Golf Channel HD.
lugnut1012
join:2009-09-10
New Albany, IN

lugnut1012 to bigredtbone

to bigredtbone
When will the other markets get these channels? How can Bowling Green be ready for these channels and the Louisville market is not. How come different markets have different channels? I have been wanting the Golf Channel in HD since last year. Hopefully this means that it will be coming to the Louisville market soon.
rq234
join:2008-09-19
Louisville, KY

1 edit

rq234 to bigredtbone

to bigredtbone
I received my Insight bill on Saturday. No mention of additional HD channels here in Louisville. There will be a shuffling of a few meaningless (to me) channels, but that's all that was mentioned.
lugnut1012
New Albany, IN

to bigredtbone
Why is it that Bowling Green is getting all of these updates but other markets are not? Anybody know?
Zig
join:2008-11-20
Lexington, KY

Zig to bigredtbone

to bigredtbone
This was on my bill today in Lexington (effective in January):

Dropping Game Show Network (channel 142)
Adding ShopNBC on channel 242
Adding Jewelry TV on channel 243
Adding Daystar (Christian Network) on channel 280

I can't say Game Show Network is a huge loss though I've watched it a few times, but I can say there is almost no chance I'll watch any of the added channels. I would have much rather seen them add E! in HD.
lugnut1012
New Albany, IN

to bigredtbone
Can anybody from Bowling Green tell me if they are still getting VS HD, Golf HD, and E! HD. Also if you are still getting them, was there notification on your bill that you would be getting these new channels? Thanks
viewwin2
join:2004-10-02
Bowling Green, KY

viewwin2

said by lugnut1012:

Can anybody from Bowling Green tell me if they are still getting VS HD, Golf HD, and E! HD. Also if you are still getting them, was there notification on your bill that you would be getting these new channels? Thanks
Yes, we have all 3. I checked my last 4 bills, no the channels never showed up in the notes area.

kdoggmdf
Premium Member
join:2008-08-07
Westerville, OH

kdoggmdf to bigredtbone

Premium Member

to bigredtbone
Columbus here, I can confirm we have all three new HD channels now.
itch
join:2008-12-06
Louisville, KY

itch to bigredtbone

to bigredtbone
No new HD channels yet in Louisville. Insight has not moved any channels as they said on my bill last week.

NKY HD
@insightbb.com

NKY HD

Anon

Nothing new in Northern Kentucky. Hopefully we get a few new HD channels this month too.
rq234
join:2008-09-19
Louisville, KY

1 edit

rq234 to bigredtbone

to bigredtbone
Sure would be nice if Michael Wilner would write a blog explaining why channels are added to one market but not another. He doesn't need to provide specifics, of course, just some general thoughts on the process.
lugnut1012
New Albany, IN

lugnut1012

I agree wholeheartedly. I understand why Columbus gets more channels, although I do not agree with it, but Bowling Green. They do not have competition down there. Louisville is Insight's biggest market, why or we the last to get updates and channels?
bjohnson2
Premium Member
join:2009-04-23
Independence, KY

1 edit

bjohnson2 to bigredtbone

Premium Member

to bigredtbone
A post just got added to Michael Wilner's blog about the new HD channels and how every Insight market should be getting new channels in 2010. Here's the link (all of you probably know it anyhow )

»Insight BB Forum FAQ »Forum News Section