how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ZiggyD

join:2009-12-26
Gaylord, MI

CenturyLink service interruptions site?

Does CenturyLink have a site where it posts service interruptions/problems? I've not been able to receive e-mail since December 23, but my DSL service works. I tried checking the ISP's webmail service, but that's empty as well.

Their phone "tech support" is a farce.

BankerMama

join:2009-03-10
united state
I noticed my email accounts don't work either, but I've been to lazy to call in. I hope it doesn't come down to me having to call in to what they call support.

ZiggyD

Gaylord, MI
After sitting on hold for 20 minutes this morning, I quit in disgust. Maybe I'll try again tonight, but make sure I have an adult liquid beverage on hand and a good book. Or maybe a movie....

Yarn

@centurytel.net
reply to ZiggyD
Same probs here...no e-mail service.

ZiggyD

Gaylord, MI
When I finally got through the first menu hurdles of CenturyLink's tech "support," there was a canned message acknowledging their email is down system wide. Nothing about when it will be fixed.

Today is the fifth day of that outage. Remarkably inefficient and incompetent service for the $41 bucks they're charging me each month, so I'm requesting a credit on my bill.

BigVe

join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI
reply to ZiggyD
I never had any problems with my email at Centurytel(link).Just logged in and checked a minute ago to make sure it worked today

ZiggyD

Gaylord, MI
Could be you're on the Wisconsin link. Or maybe we trolls are just unlucky. ;-(

rabeatz7
Premium
join:2009-03-21
Apopka, FL

1 edit
reply to ZiggyD
You guys all have Legacy CenturyTel email addresses right? I haven't heard of anything being wrong with the @embarqmail.com or @centurylink.net servers being down. But they use Synacor for their hosting, I'm pretty sure all the other addresses use something else.

However - on the initial question being asked, there is a site »centurylinkservices.net/events/ that you can sign up at. It was formerly embarqservices.net so I don't know if CenturyTel outages are integrated into it or not yet, or if it covers mail outages.

Richhvl

@embarqhsd.net
I am having trouble with my @embarqmail.com using thunderbird. I can get email at their site. Are we being forced away from @embarqmail.com?? Do I need to go to a @centurylink.com??

rabeatz7
Premium
Apopka, FL
No - in fact it's not even possible to change it to @centurylink.net (not .com). Your email address is going to remain as @embarqmail.com, there isn't going to be a change to @centurylink.net. What happens when you try to use Thunderbird? Any error message?

richhvl

@fuse.net
It starts to contact site, but never pops up to enter password. It just stops contacting. I tried updating to Thunderbird 3, with same problem. I don't remember changing any settings.

Idea's?
Thanks
Rich

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
Make sure it's connecting to pop.embarqmail.com on port 110 using your full email address as the user name. I use SeaMonkey Mail from Mozilla with no problems.

rabeatz7
Premium
Apopka, FL
reply to richhvl
Also check your antivirus software - try disabling it (including email scanning), sometimes they malfunction and block access. If that doesn't work try pop.centurylink.net as your email server - it works on both @embarqmail.com and @centurylink.net addresses.

richhvl

@fuse.net
reply to ZiggyD
I will try these suggestions on Monday Jan. 4. This is my work email account. Thanks for all your help. Wishing everyone a happy new year.

Rich

satcomlink
Premium
join:2001-01-15
Breaux Bridge, LA
reply to rabeatz7
Legacy CenturyTel is not intergrated into it yet.

richhvl

@embarqhsd.net
reply to ZiggyD
I have tried with ZA Firewall, Nod32 AV and all spyware all shutdown. To no avail.

pop.centurylink.net did not work.

It says connected to both server's. It does not pop up the enter password anymore? I have not changed anything before this stopped.

Idea's
Thanks
Rich

hvlrich

@embarqhsd.net
reply to ZiggyD
I had peerguardian 2 running. It must have updated something in the background. Shutting it down fix it.

BankerMama

join:2009-03-10
united state
reply to ZiggyD
I filled out an online form from the CTL site reporting my email problem about a week ago. I got no reply and obviously no fix. So I broke down and called tech support. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised that it only took 2 tries for them to understand my problem and then only took about 3 minutes for them to return with the fix. The fix was that their spam control was blocking everything on their end. She did what she did and sent me a test email and all seems to be good now.