uniqs
share rss forum feed

beaups

join:2003-08-11
Hilliard, OH

2 recommendations

reply to Z80A

Re: That isn't what is available

EXACTLY! With the economy where it's at, I'm sure more than a few of us scaled back from a 7Mb plan to a 2Mb plan? Most people could care less if DOCSIS 12 shows up. I am surprised the source doesn't cite decreased consumer spending as a contributing factor.

wolverine_99
Premium
join:2004-12-07
Mckinney, TX

1 recommendation

That's exactly my first thought. How many people have scaled back their internet speeds in an effort to save money? I have several friends who scaled back their speeds in an effort to save money but still keep HSI. Let's look at this again when the economy is fully recovered in 2-3 years. You'll see a different tune from normal Americans. No offense, but anyone on BBR is not a normal broadband user. I'd consider BBR users to be power users who will sacrifice elsewhere to maintain higher speeds when faced with a budget shortfall at home.

ncbill
Premium
join:2007-01-23
Winston Salem, NC
I'm helping a number of neighbors switch from cable broadband ($50/month) to AT&T's new DSL promo ($25/month for 12 months).

Most here in my neighborhood are only provisioning at 3MB, but at half the price of cable it's worth it to them.

jadebangle
Premium
join:2007-05-22
kudos:1
reply to beaups
said by beaups:

EXACTLY! With the economy where it's at, I'm sure more than a few of us scaled back from a 7Mb plan to a 2Mb plan? Most people could care less if DOCSIS 12 shows up. I am surprised the source doesn't cite decreased consumer spending as a contributing factor.
I have the option of scaling back to 1mb but i'll stay at 20mb for 70 a month. 1mb is 30 a month. so 40 buck saving will lose me 19mb, no thanks!