spc
Search similar:

uniqs

treich
join:2006-12-12

4 edits

treich

about other ISPs

well just think about it if customers gets kicked off its not like customers cant find other ISP's to go with. I mean this is great way losing customers over this and I also think its stupid for verizon to do this. Who cares of people are downloading it I mean they are still going to download files by different ways of getting it. There is new software that allow customers download files that ISP's cant filter out or find out any information.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner

Premium Member

Verizon is participating in the dog and pony show instead of defiantly telling Hollywood to STFU and DIAF. Less, cheaper legal hassle this way.

Of course consumers are inconvenienced. I'd wager those consumers kicked off their network for piracy won't have trouble re-ordering service soon after service termination.

Come think of it... I think Verizon just created a genius revenue stream. There's a reason for jacked up ETFs.

treich
join:2006-12-12

treich

You wonder why verizon is selling there services to Frontier lol because verizon screws over there customers with crappy bandwidth and pricing lol.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to treich

to treich
If Verizon cuts off a customer, that customer must go elsewhere, and they're probably the largest network users, for the most part anyway.

Also, by doing this Verizon gets big brownie points from the RIAA/MPAA.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to tired_runner

to tired_runner
said by tired_runner:

Verizon is participating in the dog and pony show instead of defiantly telling Hollywood to STFU and DIAF. Less, cheaper legal hassle this way.
Well considering that an ISP is a business designed to make money and not an activist organization to "free the music" or whatever, so this is expected behavior.