1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to Subaru

Re: Gas stove orange flame

Click for full size
and like I said the morning it would be back to normal and sure enough...

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
Looks like you still have some good orange tips in there. If you do have other NG products in your house, take a look and make sure they are functioning ok.

I would also speak with the gas company to see if they can have someone out in the afternoon when this is happening to check the line pressure. Could be that with daytime demand that the pressure is dropping off.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
said by ropeguru:

Looks like you still have some good orange tips in there. If you do have other NG products in your house, take a look and make sure they are functioning ok.

I would also speak with the gas company to see if they can have someone out in the afternoon when this is happening to check the line pressure. Could be that with daytime demand that the pressure is dropping off.
It was not daytime it was taken around 10pm

I've seen weird stuff happen like only half of a single burning is lit.. it's almost like it's too much wind.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

zen1

@optonline.net
said by Subaru:

said by ropeguru:

I've seen weird stuff happen like only half of a single burning is lit.. it's almost like it's too much wind.
that would be the gas pressure too high, and not enough air for that pressure causes an orange flame- a bad regulator could cause the pressure to fluctuate, it SHOULD be steady-

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
said by zen1 :

said by Subaru:

said by ropeguru:

that would be the gas pressure too high, and not enough air for that pressure causes an orange flame- a bad regulator could cause the pressure to fluctuate, it SHOULD be steady-
So you are saying the regulator could be bad?
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

zen1

@optonline.net
said by Subaru:

So you are saying the regulator could be bad?
YES. it needs to be checked when the problem happens.

NOCMan
MadMacHatter
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO
reply to Subaru
said by Subaru:

said by ropeguru:

And at 10pm everyone's heaters are cranking.