spc
uniqs
gramzee
join:2010-03-10
L9T7T8

gramzee to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn

Re: Everything MLPPP

Hi guys. I'm moving to Milton later this year and am looking at using Teksavvy as my new ISP. Currently i'm with Rogers in Mississauga.

In this new house I don't plan on getting a phone line from Bell. If I want to utilize MLPPP can someone help me understand what I need to ask Teksavvy for when I setup my new account? I work for D-Link and am hoping to utilize D-Link DSL modems and a DFL-260 UTM Firewall if possible. Not yet sure if it supports MLPPP, i'll ask around about that internally.

Will I need two dry loop lines from Teksavvy, or will one allow me to connect both modems?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

All you need is the dryloop lines. Which ever modem you decide to use, it really doesn't matter, as long as at the end of the day it's a DSL compatible modem & both line rates are identical. As for the DFL device, not sure if it does support MLPPP tho.

Regards,
Martin
yp_1
join:2009-12-31

yp_1 to gramzee

to gramzee
If this is a new area, you better check with Teksavvy support on DSL service availability. Very often new areas don't get DSL service right away so you may have to get stuck with Rogers for a while (happened to me a couple of times).