Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gramzee

join:2010-03-10
L9T7T8
reply to TSI Martin

Re: Everything MLPPP

Hi guys, I determined today that I'll be looking elsewhere other than D-Link for compatability with MLPPP on a router. I was hoping one of our business class router/firewalls could do it. That said, I was looking at the list of routers that support Tomato (understood that Tomato/MLPPP while it should work with others has only been tested by the developer on the WRT54G). I was hoping if anyone can share their experiences with other routers than the WRT54G, such as the WRTSL54GS or Netgear WNR3500 series routers. I'm looking at these in particular as I like the fact their specs are higher than most with a more powerful processor and higher amounts of RAM.

Thanks for providing your feedback!

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

The HCL for the official Tomato builds is found at www.polarcloud.com/tomato. If you look for the latest release announcement in this forum you'll find a build of the ND version, which I've been running on the ASUS WL-520gu for about a day in total, without incident.

I can't comment on the higher-powered models you listed, but if you're looking for something with a little more heft you could always try pfsense, which on an inexpensive alix or atom board would far outperform any mips board for comparable outlay.
--
db