how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KD4CVR

join:2000-09-21
Gainesville, GA

Who is taking notes?

Ok call me paranoid , in the tool the first question is "Where are you accessing the internet? followed by "Current address where you are accessing the internet"??? Who is housing that information?

mAlfunkti0n

join:2003-12-16
Loveland, OH

You are actually worried about this? Do you honestly think it would be difficult for them to gather the information on their own if they REALLY wanted to? They know who I am and where I live, and I am sure quite a bit more than that.

Your tin foil hat is getting larger ...

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:39
reply to KD4CVR

The government already knows where you live and what kind of cereal you eat. They don't need to harvest that info via the FCC website.

MRCUR

join:2007-03-09
Columbia, PA
reply to KD4CVR

They already have that info... So yes, you're just a paranoid person.

Shamayim
I already have a Messiah.
Premium
join:2002-09-23
reply to Karl Bode

They might know what I had for breakfast but not where I live! Cereally though, they don't know all that much -- yet. That's what Census 2010 is for
--
Who is Jesus? and Why it matters (to YOU).

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6
reply to KD4CVR

said by KD4CVR:

Ok call me paranoid , in the tool the first question is "Where are you accessing the internet? followed by "Current address where you are accessing the internet"??? Who is housing that information?
The FCC. It is not stored by or disclosed to Ookla or Measurement lab.
--
Robb Topolski -= funchords.com =- District of Columbia -- KJ7RL
Tweet! Tweet! -- »twitter.com/funchords

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by funchords:

said by KD4CVR:

The FCC. It is not stored by or disclosed to Ookla or Measurement lab.
Here is the FCC privacy statement on the test:
»www.broadband.gov/broadband-qual···ent.html

KD4CVR

join:2000-09-21
Gainesville, GA
reply to KD4CVR

Hey I'm just say'n on the heels of this article this morning..."CDC uses shopper-card data to trace salmonella" »news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100311/ap_···_sleuths

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

Which seems like a pretty good use of the data, as compared to say Kroger stores marking beer up on friday morning knowing you buy yours friday night, and dropping the price monday am, knowing you never buy during the week.