share rss forum feed

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

1 edit

3 recommendations

[Serious] Need your thoughts and prayers

My wife's sister's husband, who is 32 years old, is in a bad situation right now. He's currently in a neurological wing of a hospital in TN and things do not look good. He was initially diagnosed with epilepsy a few weeks ago but has been having a very rough go of it since then. Tonight we found out from a nurse that they have diagnosed an "artifact" in his brain.

We don't know what this means, if it's treatable or what happens next....not until my sister-in-law talks with the doctor. So I ask that you do what this team has always done when asked of it. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully there will be a solution to this horrible affliction he's been struck with.

Thank you all in advance.

[Update 4/3/2010]

After several days in the hospital, all the scans and readings they've taken have come back negative (contrary to the initial MRI which showed "something"). The only thing outstanding right now is some extensive blood work. I'm hoping they find something treatable in there. Right now, he's going through waves of lucidness and what sounds like dementia.

If things keep going the way they are going, someone is going to get physically injured by one of his episodes. The hospitals won't keep him since there's "nothing wrong" and the insurance company doesn't want him there for the same reason. It's frustrating being 600mi away *and* being completely helpless to do anything about it.

Thanks for your continued support. I'll post an update when I have more to share.

Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center
kudos:1

My best thoughts and wishes for a favorable outcome and a happy,healthy future for your brother in law.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
reply to seaquake
Lots of MOJO.. an artifact could be anything, the "wait and see" medical game is never pleasant, would be very nice to have instant diagnosis and treatments.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
reply to seaquake
sorry to hear he's having such a rough time. prayers and mojo

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
reply to seaquake
Prayers & MoJo being sent!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to seaquake
My prayer has gone up on behalf of your wife's brother-in-law and those who love him.

My heart goes out to all of you.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to seaquake

Re: [Serious] Need your thoughts and prayers

The mind envisions the worst. Here is hoping for the best.
Prayers offered up to ask that whatever the diagnosis, that its treatable.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
reply to seaquake

Re: [Serious] Need your thoughts and prayers

So sad to learn this, So young, I will pray for him and his.

howieh
4 more weeks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ
reply to seaquake
Prayers offered for your brother in law.

mig
Premium,MVM
join:2000-10-26
Anytown, USA
reply to seaquake
Our thoughts and prayers are being offered.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
Mojo coming from a rainsoaked RI on the express route to TN. Signed, sealed and delivered!

santy
Don't Follow Me, I'M Lost Too
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-10
Wilmington, IL
reply to seaquake
Prayers and MOJO on the way.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to seaquake
I too am praying and wishing for a good outcome. May it be painless and safe and may he be well soon. My sympathies to him, your family, and you. I am quite close with some of my sibling's spouses and I can imagine it is distressing for you. When Alain goes to light a candle, she'll put in her prayers too.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Fight cancer and disease, it's easy, you can get help, and you'll make a difference! »Team Helix »Team Discovery Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer.

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9
reply to seaquake
Sending good thoughts his way.

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium
join:2003-10-14
Rosa's Place
reply to seaquake
Mojo cranked..

seaquake
Premium,MVM
Millersville, MD

2 recommendations

reply to seaquake
I've posted an update in the initial post.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
My thoughts and prayers. It has to be that much worse when nobody is yet sure of the cause...I hope that they discover the cause, and that it can then be successfully treated.
--
Deeds, not words

onDvine
Premium
So. CA, USA
reply to seaquake
Those blood tests surely will show something. Episodes of dementia with potential for injury to anyone indicate something IS wrong.

seaquake
Premium,MVM
Millersville, MD

2 recommendations

reply to seaquake
Sorry for the long delay in an update. There hasn't been much to report. As it currently stands, they can find nothing physically wrong with my brother-in-law. It looks like it may be a complete mental breakdown due to stress and possibly childhood trauma issues.

He has been admitted to a psychiatric hospital for at least this weekend so they can try to isolate and work on discovering what the problem is.

I'm hoping they figure out something soon.

onDvine
Premium
So. CA, USA
That's kinda good news. Psychiatric problems caused by life experiences can often be dealt with and recovered from.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to seaquake
I know what it is like, continued prayers!