All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
callahan83
join:2010-05-10
Stuart, FL

callahan83

I need some information about suspending AT&T DSL service..

I have AT&T DSL lite and am going to be away for 4 months. Some people tell me to just cancel for that time, and others say you have to pay $14.95 per month to keep the service or lose your email address. I will be getting the account back when I return, but I heard that AT&T will only let you keep your email addy for 30 days, and then you lose everything.

Anyone know what the truth is, and can you get a customer service rep to actually tell you?

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA

DeltaElite

Internet service wont let you suspend the service, you can only disconnect it or continue to pay the bill....

I'd call and see what the connection charges are to re-connect it....Do the math and see what's the cheapest.

chong673
join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

chong673 to callahan83

to callahan83
Not true. Is your email now done by yahoo?

You get to keep it 4ever.
callahan83
join:2010-05-10
Stuart, FL

callahan83

Yes, I migrated to Yahoo email and go there for my mail. I heard that you can keep it forever, but I actually got 3 different replies from ATT. One said,"suspend and pay $14.95 a month to keep your email", one said "no suspend, cancel only and you lose your email after 30 days." I talked to another who said that and when I challenged her on that, she came back and said,"We don't know."

chong673
join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

chong673

You get to keep it even after you disconnect. Check other thread here.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to callahan83

Premium Member

to callahan83
Take this oppertunity to switch to an email address not tied to your ISP.