spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aladdin2807

@charter.com

Oh shit

I'm one of the ones on the list, I'm scared shitless right now. I hated the movie but I did buy just to add to my Farcry collection.The only reason I downloaded it cause it took so long to find it cause no one had it. found it at a game store. I have both Farcry 1 and 2 and Crysis 1 and 2. So I bought the movie for the collection only, cause it was really bad. And now to be sued for it just don't seem right. I even owned a video game room in a mall and was responsible for 100's of sales of that game and was great at the game. Game name was THEONE and I was to, the one to beat. What a huge kick in the ass this is. Don't even have any $$$ to fight them.
I have over 300 moves that I have bought over the years so I do support the industry.

McRat

join:2009-09-09
Corona, CA

So far, in cases such at this, they need proof you possessed the material in question.

This normally means they got a pirate copy FROM you.

Logan 5
Enjoying the Cataclysm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-25
Austin, TX
kudos:7
reply to aladdin2807

said by aladdin2807 :

I'm one of the ones on the list, I'm scared shitless right now. I hated the movie but I did buy just to add to my Farcry collection.The only reason I downloaded it cause it took so long to find it cause no one had it. found it at a game store. I have both Farcry 1 and 2 and Crysis 1 and 2. So I bought the movie for the collection only, cause it was really bad. And now to be sued for it just don't seem right. I even owned a video game room in a mall and was responsible for 100's of sales of that game and was great at the game. Game name was THEONE and I was to, the one to beat. What a huge kick in the ass this is. Don't even have any $$$ to fight them.
I have over 300 moves that I have bought over the years so I do support the industry.
You had all that yet you decided to pirate a crappy 3rd rate movie to complete a collection??? Un-Freakin Believable...

Damn dude, if you're gonna steal shit, at least steal something worth it.... LMFAO... guess when it comes time to settle, the $5,000-$10,000 you're gonna eagerly agree to pay to make this 'go away' will be a good lesson for ya to NEVER think that you're gonna get away with it forever because while this may be your 1st time getting caught, it likely is not your 1st time pirating something off the internet.......

Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel but I know just how far to push things before backing off (knocks on wood) so as not to get 'noticed'...

Anyone getting popped by this has to either be pretty ballzy or pretty inept to get caught downloading 'far cry the movie'....

aladdin2807

@charter.com

It would seem you did not read my post to well!!! I said I bought the movie to complete my colection to go with the games I bought.

I only downloaded it cause all the movie stores are closed, it was not for sale anywhere, and was not at a theater. At the time was not on NetFlix. So I downloaded it to see it.

Then after seeing how bad it was, I still wanted it for my FarCry collection so I bought it at a game store, (all places to find a movie) might have even been GameStop I think. I bought it for $4.00 New unopened. Still unopened.

Now I'm getting sued for it, that is what does not seem right.

Logan 5
Enjoying the Cataclysm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-25
Austin, TX
kudos:7

said by aladdin2807 :

It would seem you did not read my post to well!!! I said I bought the movie to complete my colection to go with the games I bought.

I only downloaded it cause all the movie stores are closed, it was not for sale anywhere, and was not at a theater. At the time was not on NetFlix. So I downloaded it to see it.

Then after seeing how bad it was, I still wanted it for my FarCry collection so I bought it at a game store, (all places to find a movie) might have even been GameStop I think. I bought it for $4.00 New unopened. Still unopened.

Now I'm getting sued for it, that is what does not seem right.
Ummm... ok... so you illegally downloaded a copy of a movie you already say you owned and could have opened and copied/viewed, then had it re-sealed if you wanted to preserve your 'collection' intact....

You DID have a shrinkwrap machine at your store didn't you?

aladdin2807

@charter.com

Wow, Still cant read!!! I had the store in 04 and 05 whaen Farcry came out. It WAS NOT retail. It was a game room where people played games. They went to EB games to buy them after playing them in my game room. If you read what I wrote you would see I downloaded the movie before I bought it cause I could not find it or see it anywhere. Then after seeing it and downloading it I Still bought it for my collection. Geeez