uniqs
mtthwgrms
join:2010-05-19
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit

mtthwgrms

Motorola SBG6580 Release Date

Hey everyone,

I've been searching the net for weeks now trying to find any information on a possible release date but never could find one. I finally decided to email Motorola directly and see what they had to say- this is the response I received. I applied bold to the important part. It's not much but gives a little bit of an expected release window.

"Thank you for your interest in Motorola's Cable Modem & Gateway products. Motorola's sbg6580 is a fully integrated all-in-one home networking solution that combines the functionality of a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, enabling channel bonding of up to 8 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels, four-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet Switch with advanced firewall, and an 802.11n Wi-Fi access point in a sleek, stylish package. The sbg6580 will be available at Best Buy beginning in June, followed by additional retail and online partners.

For additional information, please visit: »www.motorola.com/Busines ··· /sbg6580

Once the product is launched in June, you can visit the above location and select "How to Buy" and enter your zip code to locate a retailer near you."

I figured I would share in case anyone else is searching for more information on a release date for this product. It also gave me a reason to finally register for the site