Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

botld92z9

join:2006-07-14
Winter Springs, FL
kudos:1
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: Since when does BH charge for service calls?

said by BHNtechXpert:

I don't know who told you there might be a service charge but that is flat wrong. BHN does not charge for repair related service calls of any type. Installation such as a new outlet where none exists is something totally different. Are you by some chance confusing the two?
They will in fact charge for repair related calls. That was the reason for offering TimeGuard. I wasn't sure if they'd gotten rid of TimeGuard and gone to something else but it still shows up on the CFL website, so I'm assuming it's still in effect.

They very rarely do charge for anything related to service repairs, even when it is the customer's fault.

They do charge for PC techs though. If you have a PC tech out and the issue is not BH related, you're very likely getting charged for that call.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153

1 edit
said by botld92z9:

said by BHNtechXpert:

I don't know who told you there might be a service charge but that is flat wrong. BHN does not charge for repair related service calls of any type. Installation such as a new outlet where none exists is something totally different. Are you by some chance confusing the two?
They will in fact charge for repair related calls. That was the reason for offering TimeGuard. I wasn't sure if they'd gotten rid of TimeGuard and gone to something else but it still shows up on the CFL website, so I'm assuming it's still in effect.

They very rarely do charge for anything related to service repairs, even when it is the customer's fault.

They do charge for PC techs though. If you have a PC tech out and the issue is not BH related, you're very likely getting charged for that call.
No boltz they don't. As for the PC Tech thing thats different. PC techs are contractors and beyond the scope of BHN related issues they have the ability to offer the customer extended services such as virus removal, customer owned equipment installation and PC repair BUT thats between the contractor and the customer NOT BHN. The customer makes the check payable to the contractor only.

If a customer has an issue with any of the services provided by BHN there will be no charge for the service call. Even if the customer has a lawn service cut their cable in error BHN repairs it at no charge. This has been the policy for years so I'm not sure where your information comes from.

PC techs will be dispatched at no charge for modem swaps, slow browsing calls unrelated to signal issues, email issues and anything pretty much revolving around BHN related services. As I stated earlier there are a couple of exceptions BUT those services are provided by the contractor and not BHN. As a courtesy they send the tech out but then its between the customer and the contractor.

botld92z9

Winter Springs, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

]No boltz they don't. As for the PC Tech thing thats different. PC techs are contractors and beyond the scope of BHN related issues they have the ability to offer the customer extended services such as virus removal, customer owned equipment installation and PC repair BUT thats between the contractor and the customer NOT BHN. The customer makes the check payable to the contractor only.

If a customer has an issue with any of the services provided by BHN there will be no charge for the service call. Even if the customer has a lawn service cut their cable in error BHN repairs it at no charge. This has been the policy for years so I'm not sure where your information comes from.

And course I should refer you to this:

»brighthouse.com/central-florida/···-promise

PC techs will be dispatched at no charge for modem swaps, slow browsing calls unrelated to signal issues, email issues and anything pretty much revolving around BHN related services. As I stated earlier there are a couple of exceptions BUT those services are provided by the contractor and not BHN. As a courtesy they send the tech out but then its between the customer and the contractor.
Why do they offer TimeGuard?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by botld92z9:

said by BHNtechXpert:

]No boltz they don't. As for the PC Tech thing thats different. PC techs are contractors and beyond the scope of BHN related issues they have the ability to offer the customer extended services such as virus removal, customer owned equipment installation and PC repair BUT thats between the contractor and the customer NOT BHN. The customer makes the check payable to the contractor only.

And course I should refer you to this:

»brighthouse.com/central-florida/···-promise

Why do they offer TimeGuard?
I've never heard of timeguard as you call it....not once in 5 years has that term mentioned.

botld92z9

Winter Springs, FL

1 edit
»brighthouse.com/static/documents···Form.pdf

it was available to tv/internet customers.. and was automatically given to phone customers.

was a way to avoid having any additional charges for service calls in the event of an accidental cable cut, customer education etc where the customer could be billed.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by botld92z9:

»brighthouse.com/static/documents···Form.pdf

it was available to tv/internet customers.. and was automatically given to phone customers.

was a way to avoid having any additional charges for service calls in the event of an accidental cable cut, customer education etc where the customer could be billed.
I just found this and will research this and get back to you. This must be a central Florida thing because it isn't anywhere else that I'm aware of.