nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium
join:2002-05-31
AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

Had no problem getting mine...

I didn't feel like waiting in line at the stores so I ordered mine online the day it was released (Friday) and was in my hands on Monday. All phone orders from Sprint's website is standard overnight shipping.
--
This Space for Rent...

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
I was not eligible for an upgrade until July, and by then the shortage was in full effect. Having to wait only 12 months between upgrades is a real plus for having Sprint service. (as a Premier member)

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
*shrugs* You can always wait 1 month and ride the soon-to-be-realased newer 4G phones from Sprint. You could also hop on any of the newer Android 3G phones that Sprint offers and skip the $10/month fee for the (nonexistant) 4G network.

I mean, my sister was due for a phone purchase since 2006 and just went this weekend. While they did have HTCs in stock, given her needs and phone uses (email, streaming video/MP3s, cloud access, MiFi), she still walked out with a Palm Pre. Video conferencing just wasn't enough to for her to justify biting a ~$300 bullet.

GlobalMind
Domino Dude, POWER Systems Guy
Premium
join:2001-10-29
Hollywood, FL
reply to nightdesigns
All the stores by us were sold out, so I called a contact I have at Sprint with the Citrix partner program...had one the week after launch. : )

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
I've got two of these on the way through my Sprint Rep too. He said they are running about a week behind from order placement until the device ships.

GlobalMind
Domino Dude, POWER Systems Guy
Premium
join:2001-10-29
Hollywood, FL
Yea given what I was seeing at stores I was a bit surprised I had mine as quickly as I did.

Big Dawg 23

join:2002-03-27
Northfield, MN
reply to jmn1207
VZW has annual upgrades as well. On Family plans it is Primary line only. Yes with VZW you don't get a discount but can get a new phone for the same cost as a two year contract.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
reply to nightdesigns
Mine shipped the day after ordering it. Loving it so far.