spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Blahzay

join:2010-07-01

Vonage on an unlocked Vonage adapter

I am currently a Vonage customer. Due to some shipping error a couple of years ago, I ended up with a spare Dlink VTA that is authorized on my Vonage account.

Recently I unlocked it, and have been using it with voip.ms - so I have two VTAs running concurrently on my network. What I was wondering was, since the unlocked VTA is authorized for Vonage (but now unlocked) would I be able to input my Vonage settings, and use Port 1 for Vonage, and Port 2 for voip.ms?

This might seem silly, but I'm curious if it would work...

marbillion

join:2004-05-12
Markham, ON
said by Blahzay:

What I was wondering was, since the unlocked VTA is authorized for Vonage (but now unlocked) would I be able to input my Vonage settings, and use Port 1 for Vonage, and Port 2 for voip.ms?
yes this should be possible if you have a Vonage softphone acct. if you do not have a softphone account then I'm not sure

Blahzay

Thanks for the response. Just curious - why is a softphone account necessary? Is it so that you can be made aware of the settings, or because with a softphone acct Vonage will accept additional devices?

bhlonewolf

join:2010-07-19
Greensboro, NC
reply to Blahzay
I do this currently -- I have a recently unlocked PAP2, and use line 1 with vonage and line 2 with voip.ms, no problems. I plan on deleting vonage though once I port a number.

Blahzay

Where did you get the Vonage settings from - were you able to retain them when you unlocked your adapter?

usbjtag

join:2008-10-21
Burnaby, BC
reply to Blahzay
If you use JTAG to read the configuration then the Vonage password is in it. So you can use their SIP setting on line 1 and line 2 on another vendor.