share rss forum feed
« what about Linux?
This is a sub-selection from Steaming service stinks

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
reply to Goldman

Re: Steaming service stinks

said by Goldman:

but I have to agree that newer titles need to be added faster for most people to get any value out of it.
I think you mean those who only like newer titles won't get any value out of it. There is so much great foreign/indie/classic/obscure content already and they are adding more than I can keep up with. It depends on your tastes. If you like blockbuster Hollywood stuff, NF streaming may not be for you. If you like 'film', NF streaming is a gift of the film gods for only $10-$12/month and 4-5 disc checkouts a month. Would you rather pay $3-$6 per view?

Looking forward to 5.1 and subtitles coming by end of year.

Jason Levine
Premium
join:2001-07-13
USA

said by xenophon:

There is so much great foreign/indie/classic/obscure content already and they are adding more than I can keep up with. It depends on your tastes.
I agree. Tripping the Rift and The IT Crowd are just two titles I found via Netflix Streaming that I fell in love with. Of course, then there are old favorites that I can watch again like Farscape (at least the first few seasons), Futurama (all seasons and movies!!!!), etc. Meanwhile, my wife's been watching Arrested Development and my kids have been enjoying Rugrats.
--
-Jason Levine

Goldman

join:2002-06-21
Maumelle, AR
reply to xenophon

I mean that most people that want newer movies will simply download them rather than pay for Netflix in it's current form. There is a huge untapped base of customers that download rather than pay for older movies they have either already seen or don't care about.