All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

modemboy
@embarqhsd.net

modemboy

Anon

internet goes out and goes back on Please help!

I have had this happen to me twice. My internet will work for a while and recently when I was loading a movie on netflix getting ready to stream it on my xbox it stopped and froze. So i unplugged my router and plugged it back in. That didnt work so I unplugged the modem. Then my westell's internet light turned red. So i just logged into my modem and did vci vpi or whatever and reset it. Then it still didn't work but all of a sudden when I get back today it is working no problem. What causes my internet to stop working for hours upon hours then go back right to working like nothing happend

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

1 recommendation

fourboxers

Mod

Are you a CenturyLink customer?

modemboy
@embarqhsd.net

modemboy

Anon

yes i am
BigVe
join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI

BigVe to modemboy

to modemboy
Maybe technical issues on their end.I would open a ticket with them or pm CTL_Joey her on BBR and find out if he can check for eventual hidden issues
»/faq/15917

BankerMama
join:2009-03-10
united state

BankerMama to modemboy

to modemboy
I would post my modem stats just to see if anyone on here can help you before you call into repair.

modemboy
@embarqhsd.net

modemboy

Anon

how do i find out my modem stats?? Like right now my internet is working but sometimes it just stops and I have to go back and restart my modem wait a few then it goes back working again. This would be the second time it has happened.
rabeatz7
Premium Member
join:2009-03-21
Apopka, FL

rabeatz7

Premium Member

»Westell Modems - Accessing DSL Stats

modemboy
@embarqhsd.net

modemboy

Anon

It just did it again I was playing a game on xbox live got disconnected from xbox live then I noticed my internet light was solid red so I reset the modem and put in 8/35 then enabled the dhcp or whatever. Waited maybe 20min and it came back on. Does anyone think it maybe a bad modem or something.
WeCo890
join:2005-09-09
Santa Rosa, CA

WeCo890 to modemboy

to modemboy
What equipment do you have for modem and router? Is your service DHCP or PPPoe?
Dishead2020
join:2010-08-13
Rochester, NH

Dishead2020 to rabeatz7

to rabeatz7
let me ask you something.
Do you DL music or movies? if so I believe that alot of ppl are having issues like this and if you run like peer blocker you know that once thw power goes out and comes back on, the peer blocker doesnt come on. but your torrent program will start right back up again. just a thought, someone might be on to D-loaders.