spc
Search similar:

uniqs

raj23
@oracle.com

raj23

Anon

Future nine call reliability issues

I have two F9 SIP accounts with no DIDs. First account is in the USA, uses GoogleVoice/Gizmo5 SIP forward for incoming DID; Comcast ISP and MTA 6328-2Re ATA. Second account is used from India, uses IPKall DID, MTNL ISP and Innomedia AC211 ATA. Reason I have stressed on the two F9 accounts being used differently is that on both accounts, I am facing the following intermittent issues.

1. Very often (daily), incoming calls go straight to F9 voicemail without any rings on the phone. When calling the number from my cellphone, I can hear silence for 15-20 seconds and then the F9 voicemail kicks in. Once in a while, the phone rings. The VOIP light on the ATA is on even when it goes to voicemail. I initially suspected it to be an IPKall issue, but then I assume it shouldn't have hit the F9 voicemail?

2. More recently, even outgoing calls have issues - VOIP light on the ATA is on, but no there is no dial tone - only rebooting gets the dial tone again. My MTA ATA has two lines and the other VOIP service on the second line works without issues.

Anyone else facing the same issues? Any suggestions on configuration settings or confirmation of this being an F9 issue would help. I tried F9 support a while back but got the reply that they could not support IPKall issues, but the frequency of this problem has increased a lot now; and it also happens with Gizmo5; and more so as mentioned earlier, if it was an IPKall/G5 issue, it shouldn't have hit the F9 voicemail, should it?

Thanks
Raj