uniqs
share rss forum feed

bronxlcsw

join:2005-09-21
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Optimum Online

Help, My samsung Vibrant gets very poor signal...

Okay heres the deal... I got this Samsung Vibrant Galaxy phone 1 month ago. since yesterday i am getting very poor signal. I have to walk outside to get reception and its not 3g as it was before yesterday. Did a cell tower get knocked out recently? Whats going on here.

seagreen
Premium,Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there
Who is your carrier and where are you located?

bronxlcsw

Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Optimum Online
I have T-Mobile and reside in the 10461 Zip code. Thats Pelham Bay area of the Bronx, NY. I went to a T-Mobile store and they say the area is getting upgraded to "HSDA" or 4G and that explains it?? I think its true becuase i was shopping at my local supermarket and all the cashiers have T-Mobile and i overheard them complaining about sudden loss of signal.

seagreen
Premium,Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there
Let me send this thread to the cell phone forum for some help. The wireless users chat is more for users of fixed WISP connections.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to bronxlcsw
said by bronxlcsw:

I have T-Mobile and reside in the 10461 Zip code. Thats Pelham Bay area of the Bronx, NY. I went to a T-Mobile store and they say the area is getting upgraded to "HSDA" or 4G and that explains it?? I think its true becuase i was shopping at my local supermarket and all the cashiers have T-Mobile and i overheard them complaining about sudden loss of signal.
That would be HSDPA+. The upgrade is worth it if you buy the phone compatible with it (G2).
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Alakar
Facts do not cease to exist when ignored

join:2001-03-23
Milwaukee, WI
said by Alcohol:

said by bronxlcsw:

That would be HSDPA+. The upgrade is worth it if you buy the phone compatible with it (G2).
Also the upgrade will help with standard 3G speeds. My area is upgraded and I get steady 3G speeds of 5.5Mbps on my Vibrant.
--
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom; it is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt the Younger

bronxlcsw

Bronx, NY
Anyone know how long this process takes???