This is a sub-selection from A pipe dream
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: A pipe dream

said by 88615298:

The NHL offers legal broadband streaming.
For out-of-market games only.
tjb122982
join:2009-09-22
Terre Haute, IN

tjb122982

said by bt:

said by 88615298:

The NHL offers legal broadband streaming.
For out-of-market games only.
Blackouts is the biggest reason why I am not going to cut the cord. When the sports leagues decide to drop their stupid blackout rules and put more of the games online. I'll cut it.
nsayer
join:2004-09-30
Santa Clara, CA

nsayer

said by tjb122982:

Blackouts is the biggest reason why I am not going to cut the cord. When the sports leagues decide to drop their stupid blackout rules and put more of the games online. I'll cut it.
You'll wait forever.

The purpose of the blackout rules is to insure that they have fans in the stadium to watch the game live.
tjb122982
join:2009-09-22
Terre Haute, IN

tjb122982

said by nsayer:

said by tjb122982:

You'll wait forever.

The purpose of the blackout rules is to insure that they have fans in the stadium to watch the game live.
That's only the NFL. MLB's policy is based on protecting local broadcasters.

I can't watch the Cubs on either Extra Innings or MLB.tv because MLB wants to protect CSN Chicago but the thing is that Time Warner in Terre Haute doesn't carry CSN Chicago; and all my attempts to get my parents to switch to satellite have failed.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma ··· t_policy
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by tjb122982:

That's only the NFL. MLB's policy is based on protecting local broadcasters.
Somewhat the same for the NHL, except they also use it to protect a team's territory. Without Center Ice, you can't watch most games that aren't national broadcasts (exempt from regional blackouts) or involve the team who's broadcast region you're in.
« Sling itI won't cord cut... »
This is a sub-selection from A pipe dream