Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OVERKILL

join:2010-04-05
Peterborough, ON

1 edit
reply to sunday8pm

Re: Is there a way to force the modem to sync slower?

said by sunday8pm:

The issue lies in the wire between my demarc and the street drop down but Bell won't fix it and I gave up on wasting my time about it.
So as the wind swings the cable, the temperature changes and other things, the modem needs to resync about every 15 minutes.
There is nothing I can do to improve the line, and it would be solved by having the modem use a 15dB SNRM but I don't know how to override it. It automatically uses 6dB which is too tight. I can't ask my ISP to change my profile either so the only way to fix it would be to force the modem to sync at lower speeds.

I found the wan adsl targetnoise command but I can't have it work.

TP-LINK> wan adsl targetnoise
usage: gain value should be snr margin(dB) * 512
current value:0
TP-LINK> wan adsl targetnoise 4096

Try this (found it on another board):

wan adsl targetnoise 0xfa

sunday8pm

join:2010-05-24
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
·voip.ms

said by OVERKILL:

said by sunday8pm:

The issue lies in the wire between my demarc and the street drop down but Bell won't fix it and I gave up on wasting my time about it.
So as the wind swings the cable, the temperature changes and other things, the modem needs to resync about every 15 minutes.
There is nothing I can do to improve the line, and it would be solved by having the modem use a 15dB SNRM but I don't know how to override it. It automatically uses 6dB which is too tight. I can't ask my ISP to change my profile either so the only way to fix it would be to force the modem to sync at lower speeds.

I found the wan adsl targetnoise command but I can't have it work.

TP-LINK> wan adsl targetnoise 4096

Try this (found it on another board):

wan adsl targetnoise 0xfa
Nah doesn't work

TP-LINK> wan ad target 0xfa
TP-LINK> wan ad cl
ok
TP-LINK> wan ad op
ok
TP-LINK> wan ad target

OVERKILL

join:2010-04-05
Peterborough, ON

have you tried bringing the connection down then back up after issuing the command? I wonder if it is not immediate....

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit

Could be.

After my last line sync problem was fixed by Bell, and my line was once again functional, the tech's portable tester said all was OK, but my TP-Link TD-8616 did not notice this until AFTER I power cycled it, then was good.

Neither the tech nor I expected this, as my old Speed Touch Home modem had seemed not to give up checking for a DSLAM carrier.