join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to SpaethCo

MVM

to SpaethCo

Re: A pipe dream

said by SpaethCo:

said by 88615298:

Yeah the streams you found sucked because they were illegal. The NHL offers legal broadband streaming.
It's still no comparison to broadcast HD game coverage. It's great in a pinch, but it is only an acceptable alternative to broadcast HD if your standards are very low.
This is the same for every stream I have found. Yes, I can watch Lost in HD right on ABC's website. No, I can't put it on my HDTV without getting some kind of TV out card or cable from my PC. As you said, its great in a pinch, but not where it needs to be.

The real cord cutting will happen eventually, but it will probably take 10-20 years.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by Nightfall:

said by SpaethCo:

said by 88615298:

Yeah the streams you found sucked because they were illegal. The NHL offers legal broadband streaming.
It's still no comparison to broadcast HD game coverage. It's great in a pinch, but it is only an acceptable alternative to broadcast HD if your standards are very low.
This is the same for every stream I have found. Yes, I can watch Lost in HD right on ABC's website. No, I can't put it on my HDTV without getting some kind of TV out card or cable from my PC.
So what if you have to spend less than $100 on a card and HDMI cord? People pay that for just ONE month of cable. Also last time I checked ABC is a BROADCAST network surely you have a ABC station near you.
« Sling itI won't cord cut... »
This is a sub-selection from A pipe dream