All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

oluchi47
@bresnan.net

oluchi47

Anon

Bresnan internet in billings is horrible! Horrible!

I'VE NEVER HAD SHITTIER SERVICE, EVEN IN THE 90'S! IT'S HORRIBLE. IT CUTS OUT EVERY FEW MINUTES, WHEN IT WORKS IT WORKS GOOD, BUT HOLY SH*T WHEN IT'S BAD IT'S BAAAAAD WHICH IS MOSTLY THE CASE.

koolkid1563
MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY
MikroTik CCR1036-8G-2S+
MikroTik hAP AC

koolkid1563

MVM

Mkay...if it is dropping what exactly is going on? Modem losing link? Router dropping link to modem? Computer dropping link to router? Need more information if you would like help, or if you just want to rant and not get it fixed which is what sounds like you came to do then so be it.

Depending on modem model the pages are going to be different but try going to »192.168.100.1 and find the signal/power levels and reply back with them...need to start somewhere I guess.

If you have a Windows machine try running a continuous ping to Bresnan's internal speedtest server there in Billings by opening a command prompt (Start -> Run then type CMD and press OK with XP) and then typing 'ping -t billings.speedtest.bresnan.net' without the quotes and see if that drops, and if/when it does take note on what is going on when it does drop. Does your modem lights change any for example?

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

1 edit

SimbaSeven to oluchi47

to oluchi47
said by oluchi47 :

I'VE NEVER HAD SHITTIER SERVICE, EVEN IN THE 90'S! IT'S HORRIBLE. IT CUTS OUT EVERY FEW MINUTES, WHEN IT WORKS IT WORKS GOOD, BUT HOLY SH*T WHEN IT'S BAD IT'S BAAAAAD WHICH IS MOSTLY THE CASE.
1. Quit shouting. It just annoys people.
2. What software are you running (OS/Firewall/AV)
3. What modem are you using (Motorola, Arris, etc)
4. What is your signal levels (check on 192.168.100.1)
5. If you're using a router, put your router brand/model here.

I live in Billings and I've never had a problem in the 4 years we've been with them (except the core router issue awhile ago). I also have the 18x1 package.