Belle River, ON

1 edit

BigSensFan to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by Kardinal:

I don't think Kadri can go to the Marlies as he's still junior-aged, so it's back to London if he doesn't stay in Toronto?
they kept saying if he doesn't make the team, the Marlies it is...it may have to do with the fact the Leafs signed him to an entry level contract, so perhaps he isn't allowed to play in Junior once that happens?
It has nothing to do with contract signed it has to do with age or years of service in the CHL

If a player has played Four years of junior (assuming they were drafted from the CHL) or will be 20 before December 31st of the current season then they can be sent to the AHL.. if the player does not meet either of those standards, then he must be returned to the CHL club he belongs to...

Kadri's Birthday is Oct 6,1990 so he will be 20 in a few days.. so he is AHL eligible... Jared Cowen on the other hand does not turn 20 until January so he is not eligible for the AHL

edit: Kadri meets both criteria so even if he wasn't 20 until January he still is AHL eligible because he played 4 full seasons in the CHL

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

I don't think Kadri can go to the Marlies as he's still junior-aged, so it's back to London if he doesn't stay in Toronto?
they kept saying if he doesn't make the team, the Marlies it is...it may have to do with the fact the Leafs signed him to an entry level contract, so perhaps he isn't allowed to play in Junior once that happens?

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to dirtyjeffer0

Mod

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

Schenn hasn't been too bad (his last game was actually decent)...i agree with Kadri though...he just hasn't put it all together yet...he has the skill and talent, he just needs to polish it...which is fine, he's 18...a year in the Marlies (with perhaps a couple of stints up to fill an injury) will do him wonders for development...not everything that works in Junior works in the "bigs".

I really like this column -- it sums up rather well that some fans are taking the pre-season to be the Stanley Cup finals when it comes to their expectations.
said by the article :
Look, the New York Yankees play under the kind of volcanic pressure that produces some of your more impressive mountain ranges, but if you go to watch the New York Yankees in spring training, you will immediately notice two things. One, Alex Rodriguez looks like some sort of orange-skinned robot man, and two, NOBODY BOOS.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
Schenn hasn't been too bad (his last game was actually decent)...i agree with Kadri though...he just hasn't put it all together yet...he has the skill and talent, he just needs to polish it...which is fine, he's 18...a year in the Marlies (with perhaps a couple of stints up to fill an injury) will do him wonders for development...not everything that works in Junior works in the "bigs".

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to dirtyjeffer0

Mod

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

i agree...but i think we all know what Habs fans are like.

Montreal will ruin Price, and it's a shame, because he is a good goalie.
Easy there......I seem to recall a LOT of booing during the first pre-season game at the ACC, as well as last year during the regular season.

I also think the Leafs have really hurt Schenn's development by playing him too young and might be on the verge of doing the same to Kadri (who is really struggling IMO).