spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Abs
@safaricom.com

Abs

Anon

D-link wireles router

I changed my wireless router to AP and now NAT is disabled.am able to access internet but can not connect to the router to configure it.please help
supergeeky
join:2003-05-09
United State

supergeeky

Get to the manufacture's website, download the manual for your router, and follow the steps to reset it to factory defaults.

This usually involves holding down a button while powering it on, or putting a paper clip in a hole to push the reset button.

Abs
@safaricom.com

Abs

Anon

Thanks for your post.but i dont want to reset my router i would like to configure it by connecting to it as AP.i would like to enforce security on it. how can i get it IP adrress without reseting it?
supergeeky
join:2003-05-09
United State

supergeeky to Abs

to Abs
Chances are you can't, without resetting it...

The configuration was already lost when you changed it to AP only mode, so what's the harm in resetting it back to act as a router?

If something else on your network (or if you can plug it into another network where something provides DHCP addresses) you can look in the active DHCP lease table to find it's IP address. If the IP it's getting is from your ISP (which I suspect it is) then your out of luck, and need to reset it to factory default.