uniqs
share rss forum feed

xrayman

join:2008-12-09
Kansas City
kudos:1
reply to wig58

Re: Verizon Wireless 4g beta testing

This is all very interesting, an outside antenna/modem unit! Are you certain this is for use with the Verizon LTE 700 MHz band?
The single red port on the back of the Thomson TG789vn is the WAN port according to the user manual for the device. »www.thomsonbroadbandpartner.com/···?id=6994

heimdm

join:2008-06-22
Martinsville, IN
I thought 700MHZ LTE was just going to be USB cards or Expresscards. It is possible what we have of pictures for it to work also. This setup could work for a fixed installation, but it would really seem to good to be true. For this to work the outside contraption is obviously the modem and is handing off via outdoor coax, then converted to Ethernet then plugged into the Thomson modem.

Would seem like a good setup, but almost too good to be true. I hope its how they plan to role out fixed installs.

wig58

join:2002-11-16
Springboro, PA
said by heimdm:

I thought 700MHZ LTE was just going to be USB cards or Expresscards. It is possible what we have of pictures for it to work also. This setup could work for a fixed installation, but it would really seem to good to be true. For this to work the outside contraption is obviously the modem and is handing off via outdoor coax, then converted to Ethernet then plugged into the Thomson modem.

Would seem like a good setup, but almost too good to be true. I hope its how they plan to role out fixed installs.
Yes, I would agree too. It does seem to good to be true. From what my friend told me I guess Directv and Verizon teamed up for this new service. A directv installer actually came out and installed everything. The only reason I could see them teaming up with directv would be because of a fixed install setup, so maybe this is what they will be doing once its available.

wig58

join:2002-11-16
Springboro, PA
reply to xrayman
said by xrayman:

This is all very interesting, an outside antenna/modem unit! Are you certain this is for use with the Verizon LTE 700 MHz band?
The single red port on the back of the Thomson TG789vn is the WAN port according to the user manual for the device. »www.thomsonbroadbandpartner.com/···?id=6994
Yes I'm pretty positive that thing outside is th modem. On the side of the unit it had "BHR MAC". I'm not sure what "BHR" means but following "BHR MAC" it appeared to be a mac address( aka it has a network card in it).