Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
kudos:1
reply to shaner

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Chara signs 7yr /45.5 million extension

»tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=336810

I like Chara and all but the guy is already 33 and will be 40/41 when this expires.. I can not see him not losing a step midway through this contract and 6+ million a year is alot to lose in cap space

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
In the wake of the Kovalchuk debacle, I'm surprised a team wanted to sign a player to a contract that will take them in to their 40s, and I really can't see Chara being as effective as his is now (in his prime) in another 7 years. He'll still be big, but he'll be old and when was the last time there was a defensive defenceman playing that late? Chara's not that great a skater even now.
--
The thoughts expressed in the above post are those of the poster, and can only be attributed to his state of mind at the time of posting.
Join Team Helix

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
Nice ceremony celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Canucks and the 1st captain Orland Kurtenbach gives Henrik his new captain's jersey.
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

The E
Please allow me to retort
Premium
join:2002-05-26
Burnaby, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Nice ceremony celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Canucks and the 1st captain Orland Kurtenbach gives Henrik his new captain's jersey.
Yeah, that was a great opener and a nice touch.
It's a bit dissapointing that they lost though. What a stupid penalty by Kesler - ouch.
--
"All opinions stated by me are solely my views and do not reflect the views of my employer, this site, or even myself depending on my level of sanity at the moment"

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
Kind of a boring game with few quality chances either way and not many great moments until the OT PK. Very even, tie would have been a fair result.

On the plus side, we looked good defensively and played an assertive physical game.

On the downside, that was a really inept offensive performance. Poor passing in the offensive zone, almost nothing but perimeter shots, really generated few quality chances.

Sedins had as poor of a game, really struggled with their passing tonight.
--
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early kill people.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
And as usual Luongo played great during the game but sucked in the SO~

What is it with him,that he can't stop breakaways?
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to capdjq
said by capdjq:

Sedins had as poor of a game, really struggled with their passing tonight.
Lets hope it's not the C curse, like Luongo had.
--
BUCK FELL ,,!,,('-'),,!,,