« WiMaxSuch Coincidence ! »
This is a sub-selection from Happy with Sprint

vlad1000

join:2005-05-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to io chico

Re: Happy with Sprint

you're happy with under 1mbps???????
what do you use your connection for? plain text email only?

io chico
Premium
join:2003-12-30
Chico, CA
It's just under my isp's connection of 1.2Mbps (up from .5Mbps of 4 months). Rural life. Either I get used to demanding less or I spend my life angry.

DavePR

join:2008-06-04
Canyon Country, CA
reply to vlad1000
You can stream very nice sounding radio at 1 mb/s. YouTube sometimes requires that you let the cache fill before watching. Most web pages open quickly enough. Beats dialup.
My ex in Texas uses a 3g dongle. 10 miles from the high tech capital of America and no cable, no DSL.

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

1 edit
reply to vlad1000
How much browsing requires +1 Mbps on a cellphone ?

I had Nextel BB 7100i with Opera Mini and it was slow - but that was ~60kbps.
By comparison 1x is fast.
I have a Sprint Treo 800w, and its relatively fast - as long as I have a connection. Many times I get a connection issue attempting to connect to data.
Voice isn't bad.

I'd rate it as a service similar to AT&T here in SoCal, with faster service on AT&T.
Latency is a little better on Sprint (using pockey PuTTy SSH client on Treo 800w vs iSSH client on iPhone 3GS). Both are very reliable - Pocket PuTTy client loses connection (as does Windows LCS) during a call or incoming SMS which can be a pain (work related).
--
Canada = Hollywood North

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to io chico
said by io chico:

It's just under my isp's connection of 1.2Mbps (up from .5Mbps of 4 months). Rural life. Either I get used to demanding less or I spend my life angry.
Or you can stop voting in politicians who hate you.

io chico
Premium
join:2003-12-30
Chico, CA
??