sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:18
reply to smilinpig

Re: Line Monitoring SignUps for Earthlink DSL members

Invite sent, smilinpig.

Sorry it took so long to send out the invite. For some reason I missed your post.

smilinpig

join:2008-08-12
San Francisco, CA
No sweat..what do I do now??

thanks
Gene

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz
Reviews:
·Comcast
You need to get your monitor set up and running. Once that is done, you need to click on the link in the invite and accept.

Anyways go here to get your monitor set up go here:

»/schedule/signup/0

When you are setting it up you need to enter your public IP address in the static IP box AND check the "dynamic" box. You must do both. When your IP changes then you will need to update your monitor with your new public IP address.

Make sure you are pingable:

»Tweaking FAQ

Line monitor FAQ can be found here:

»Line Monitoring FAQ
--
TH ~ NE ~ EPN ~ NC ~ TD

smilinpig

San Francisco, CA
thanks...I set it up but I may confuse it a bit-i regularly unplug from my computer to use xbox live. No way to input my new IP from the xbox. I guess getting back online I can re-input my IP?

I replied to the invite...is there a separate group for that or does it register me to this forum or just the line monitoring....?

thanks again. I appreciate your time and help!

smilinpig

San Francisco, CA
reply to sashwa
I think I got it..signs me in to the dsl monitoring page??

( I'm trying...

thanks

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
I see that you have accepted the invite and show you in the group but I don't see a graph for you:

»/testhistory?v···rt=z&p=3

Do you see a graph on your end:

»/monitored/detail

Do you have both your public IP address in the Monitor this STATIC IP box AND the Dynamic IP box checked? Both those area are needed. Make sure you are using your current public IP. Also make sure you click "update monitor" after you enter the info.

If you unplug or turn off your computer and you don't have a router, your line monitor will stop graphing and you will need to update your IP address each time when you turn your computer back on and then click on the Update monitor button at the bottom of the page.

As far as I know line monitoring does not work on XBoxes; only on computers.
--
TH ~ NE ~ EPN ~ NC ~ TD

smilinpig

San Francisco, CA
Yeah...not seeing any graphs. I always update when I log on and dynamic is checked. It may be because I am on xbox more than internet...I'll leave the computer up and play offline a couple hours and see if it graphs..
thanks for your help

gene

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz
Reviews:
·Comcast
Gene, I'm still not seeing any graphs for you. You don't have something set up correctly.

Are you using a router? You need to allow ICMP pings if you are.

What firewall are you using? You also need to set it to allow ICMP pings.

Make sure you are using your public IP address. You can check to see what it is here:

»/whois?java=1

It also looks like you may have 2 computers you are trying to set up. If it should only be 1 computer, you need to stop the incorrect line monitor.
--
TH ~ NE ~ EPN ~ NC ~ TD