Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to fabolousrmx

Premium Member

to fabolousrmx

Re: Road Runner and ESPN3.com

said by fabolousrmx:

Please relay me to those complaints. I don't know what you've seen but I have never had TWC, only "road runner online svc" (according to my bill) and I have been enjoying espn3 'powered by time warner' since 10/25.
»www.twcableuntangled.com ··· comments

"Add me to the list that will be dropping ROAD RUNNER as soon as possible for another service since Time Warner has decided to be the only major ISP that’s decided that we cannot view espn3 without a cable subscription."

"the only option (paying) broadband only customers to get espn3 is by paying for a cable service that they obviously did not want in the 1st place."

"You’re not doing a bad job, but this espn3 rollout does smell rotten. TW is the only ISP that is forcing users to buy both video and broadband services to get espn3. espn3 is far from a “value-add” when you need to pay for unnecessary services to get it."

»stopthecap.com/2010/10/2 ··· -better/

"A message on ESPN’s website indicates the answer is no — you must be a Time Warner Cable customer with at least Standard Service to get authenticated."

»espn.go.com/espn3/faq#35

"If you do not have an espn3.com-affiliated service provider, you can still access ESPN on Xbox LIVE and receive daily clips and highlights from ESPN.com. espn3.com is currently available in more than 65 million homes – a majority of U.S. homes via many Internet Service Providers of all sizes nationwide, including Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, Cox, Charter, Windstream, RCN, Insight, Frontier, Cavalier, Mediacom, Conway, Grande Communications, as well as to Time Warner Cable subscribers who have ESPN as part of their video subscription."

The last quote came from the ESPN website, please read the last sentence.

Hob